My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading on here for the past couple of days and several other places researching X500/X700. I currently have been using a Hydro 185 handed down to me for the last 5 years. My dad had kept it around ever since he got an X485 back in 2004. Back then growing up I had probably used the x485 more than he did doing all our mowing and plowing on a 1 acre lot and a long driveway with U in front of the house as well. I grew to love that tractor and the hydraulics on it for the deck and the blade. That has partly made me dismiss the X500 from my choices early do to it not have the hydraulics. I feel like anything I get without them will just seem like I settled and I will regret it on such a big purchase. I over do all my other toys in life so why not my tractor as well.

Now looking to buy my first John Deere of my own and looking at an X738 with 54HC and full time mulch kit as I really don't want to deal with bagging anymore. I won't see much snow or have a huge yard with a hill but I plan to use it in the woods of my property a good bit as well. I have 1.4acres with about .45 acre of lawn and .8 acre of woods. From reading on here it seems the 4wd and hdap tires help with preventing tear up due to less likely hood of spinning the tires. I plan to also use it to help assist in clearing some of my wooded part of my lot. Thinking of picking up the front quick hitch and angler so I can run a grapple. I have thought of the X739 but I am worried about the loss of ground clearance from the AWS with wanting to use it in the woods. How much ground clearance do you actually lose with AWS? Also was going to get the quick connect weight bracket and 6 suitcase weights for the back to balance the grapple on the front. Is that enough weight or do I need to consider more ballast?

I have put out requests to three dealers so far for price quotes. I have heard back from two of them as of now. The one further away (38 miles) has given the best price so far at 15% off for the package. The closest dealer (4.5 miles) has offered 14% off msrp for the package. I have dealt with the closest dealer once to buy a STIHL trimmer and to fix an issue with my Hydro I probably could have resolved had I had some more time at that point. The experience were both decent but also nothing special. At this point I am not sure which I will go with as there are a lot more reviews and a bit better rating for the further away dealership. The first dealer responded to my online quote by calling to talk to me about it vs the second just replied to me with an email and hasn't made any contact other. From reading on here it seems 12-18% is the typical discount if you can get one. I don't know if it is worth trying to push right now with the economy the way it is or just take the 15% and be happy with it. It is interesting to note the one dealer has given a bigger discount on the tractor by about $150 vs the other more on the attachments.

Lastly, random question but the front brush guard looks great but I feel like it would be most useful when doing work in the wood with the grapple except it has to come off to use the front mount. How many of you have one on yours vs not have one? Do you think it is worth it or was it just thrown in by the dealer sometimes?

·
Premium Member
6,449 Posts
With all your research you probably read about the fuel savings with Diesel, however, I wouldn't worry about the extra cost of the diesel since your not cutting 2+ acres. your fuel would probably go bad before you used it unless you fill fuel with additives. the X738 is a great choice & so are the HDAP tires. my HDAP are Carlisle brand, I don't know how the Kenda brands are doing. I have a X595 (4x4diesel) and a X720SE both with HDAP tires love them. You will not regret getting the 4x4 since you will be back in the woods, I have trails thru my back property & my 2x4 would have got stuck, not my HDAP 4x4 even w/o extra weights it just keeps going. I also have a grapple, I couldn't make it around here w/o it, it is better than two helpers. I also have a brush guard on my X720, i think it's more for looks & it does look nice, it does keep the small branches away. If your Dad still has his X485 you both can use the same front & back attachments, the mower decks may Not be a direct exchange. As far as the dealers, from this point I'd try to find out who has the best service & go with them. I added the wings to my snow plow for 72" of snow pushing, the X595 don't care, it just keeps pushing.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I have been reading on here for the past couple of days and several other places researching X500/X700. I currently have been using a Hydro 185 handed down to me for the last 5 years. My dad had kept it around ever since he got an X485 back in 2004. Back then growing up I had probably used the x485 more than he did doing all our mowing and plowing on a 1 acre lot and a long driveway with U in front of the house as well. I grew to love that tractor and the hydraulics on it for the deck and the blade. That has partly made me dismiss the X500 from my choices early do to it not have the hydraulics. I feel like anything I get without them will just seem like I settled and I will regret it on such a big purchase. I over do all my other toys in life so why not my tractor as well.

Now looking to buy my first John Deere of my own and looking at an X738 with 54HC and full time mulch kit as I really don't want to deal with bagging anymore. I won't see much snow or have a huge yard with a hill but I plan to use it in the woods of my property a good bit as well. I have 1.4acres with about .45 acre of lawn and .8 acre of woods. From reading on here it seems the 4wd and hdap tires help with preventing tear up due to less likely hood of spinning the tires. I plan to also use it to help assist in clearing some of my wooded part of my lot. Thinking of picking up the front quick hitch and angler so I can run a grapple. I have thought of the X739 but I am worried about the loss of ground clearance from the AWS with wanting to use it in the woods. How much ground clearance do you actually lose with AWS? Also was going to get the quick connect weight bracket and 6 suitcase weights for the back to balance the grapple on the front. Is that enough weight or do I need to consider more ballast?

I have put out requests to three dealers so far for price quotes. I have heard back from two of them as of now. The one further away (38 miles) has given the best price so far at 15% off for the package. The closest dealer (4.5 miles) has offered 14% off msrp for the package. I have dealt with the closest dealer once to buy a STIHL trimmer and to fix an issue with my Hydro I probably could have resolved had I had some more time at that point. The experience were both decent but also nothing special. At this point I am not sure which I will go with as there are a lot more reviews and a bit better rating for the further away dealership. The first dealer responded to my online quote by calling to talk to me about it vs the second just replied to me with an email and hasn't made any contact other. From reading on here it seems 12-18% is the typical discount if you can get one. I don't know if it is worth trying to push right now with the economy the way it is or just take the 15% and be happy with it. It is interesting to note the one dealer has given a bigger discount on the tractor by about $150 vs the other more on the attachments.

Lastly, random question but the front brush guard looks great but I feel like it would be most useful when doing work in the wood with the grapple except it has to come off to use the front mount. How many of you have one on yours vs not have one? Do you think it is worth it or was it just thrown in by the dealer sometimes?
Just a couple of my experiences.

4wd & HDAP tires - It is technically H4WD, but functions like 4WD. I see they are now calling it Hydrostatic 4WD. I don’t use any weights when blowing snow and have only used the diff lock once when I was clearing the neighbors mailbox late last winter. A ridge of ice had formed at the edge of where the county plow went and I was beyond that. I got the rear wheel over it and I jockeyed the tractor back and forth a bit before I used the diff lock to get out. I’ve also seen one front tire spin when leveling leaf piles with the 54” blade. The HDAP tires are a plus for me snowblowing. I don’t do a ton of heavy pushing or pulling, but I know they would be as good as it get in that size tractor.

Closest dealer - if they are like mine, they are the lowest price place for me to buy parts like filters, transaxle oil. If it ever needs service work that you don’t feel you can do, it’s a closer haul. Closeness does count.

Lowest Price - If you take your lower quote in, the closer dealer may match it if it amounts to enough $$$ that it matters to you. If you are concerned about the price being too high, have you considered a slightly used tractor? I’ve been very pleased with my 95 hr used unit with 54HD deck, quick hitch w/ angling, 54” blower, 54” blade, and 10P cart.

Front Brush Guard - You are correct that you have to remove it to use the front quick hitch unless Deere has changed how it mounts. I’m glad I have one, but I wouldn’t buy one new, the looks aren’t that important and I don’t have any places where I mow that I would worry about bumping into stuff or have shrubs that I run up against the front of the tractor that I would be concerned about hitting/breaking the plastic hood. The release bar is directly behind one of the cross bars and mine sticks so I don’t have enough room to get my fingers behind/under the release bar to release the guard to tip it forward to open the hood.

Fuel - I like the EFI because of starting when it’s cold, but it is also reasonable on fuel usage. I use about a gallon per hour in light or heavy mowing. It seems less blowing snow, but the longest I’ve used it is about 2 1/2 hrs and it wasn’t down to 1/2 full.

Ground Clearance - I haven’t had any issue with that, but don’t have any personal experience with the AWS X739.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the replies lots of helpful information.

With all your research you probably read about the fuel savings with Diesel, however, I wouldn't worry about the extra cost of the diesel since your not cutting 2+ acres. your fuel would probably go bad before you used it unless you fill fuel with additives. the X738 is a great choice & so are the HDAP tires. my HDAP are Carlisle brand, I don't know how the Kenda brands are doing. I have a X595 (4x4diesel) and a X720SE both with HDAP tires love them. You will not regret getting the 4x4 since you will be back in the woods, I have trails thru my back property & my 2x4 would have got stuck, not my HDAP 4x4 even w/o extra weights it just keeps going. I also have a grapple, I couldn't make it around here w/o it, it is better than two helpers. I also have a brush guard on my X720, i think it's more for looks & it does look nice, it does keep the small branches away. If your Dad still has his X485 you both can use the same front & back attachments, the mower decks may Not be a direct exchange. As far as the dealers, from this point I'd try to find out who has the best service & go with them. I added the wings to my snow plow for 72" of snow pushing, the X595 don't care, it just keeps pushing.
I did see about the fuel savings or the diesel. I can't say I really know much about diesel engines in general or working on them. I have only ever worked on gas cars, trucks, mowers, and other equipment. I am sure I could learn no problem but don't know if it makes sense to have another fuel on hand. I do see that with my smaller piece of land that diesel would maybe last longer in the tank compared to gas though. Currently have gas hand mower, trimmer, chainsaw, and two hedge trimmers. So all my tanks are the same except well my can I mix for the trimmers but even that I fill on-site from my large cans.

Good to hear about the grapple. Really excited after seeing that piece of equipment on here and the fact I won't have to worry about having a helper for some things anymore.

The front guard definitely does look like nice and two sides of my property I mow against the woods with small brush because I leave it for the natural look more than cleaning it out so maybe something to consider.

Dad, unfortunately, lives 7hrs away so we won't be able to share any attachments.

The closest dealer appears to have the cheaper service part prices when I was looking at the two from the Deere site. As far as best service the closer dealer has just a few reviews (39) with a 4.2. The further dealer has either been around longer or they just have more clients with being the only one in that area cause they have many more reviews (165) and a 4.5. Most of the complaints about them too have seemed really petty things that I don't even think apply. I mean who gives you a 1 star rating cause they ran out of straw.

Just a couple of my experiences.

4wd & HDAP tires - It is technically H4WD, but functions like 4WD. I see they are now calling it Hydrostatic 4WD. I don’t use any weights when blowing snow and have only used the diff lock once when I was clearing the neighbors mailbox late last winter. A ridge of ice had formed at the edge of where the county plow went and I was beyond that. I got the rear wheel over it and I jockeyed the tractor back and forth a bit before I used the diff lock to get out. I’ve also seen one front tire spin when leveling leaf piles with the 54” blade. The HDAP tires are a plus for me snowblowing. I don’t do a ton of heavy pushing or pulling, but I know they would be as good as it get in that size tractor.

Closest dealer - if they are like mine, they are the lowest price place for me to buy parts like filters, transaxle oil. If it ever needs service work that you don’t feel you can do, it’s a closer haul. Closeness does count.

Lowest Price - If you take your lower quote in, the closer dealer may match it if it amounts to enough $$$ that it matters to you. If you are concerned about the price being too high, have you considered a slightly used tractor? I’ve been very pleased with my 95 hr used unit with 54HD deck, quick hitch w/ angling, 54” blower, 54” blade, and 10P cart.

Front Brush Guard - You are correct that you have to remove it to use the front quick hitch unless Deere has changed how it mounts. I’m glad I have one, but I wouldn’t buy one new, the looks aren’t that important and I don’t have any places where I mow that I would worry about bumping into stuff or have shrubs that I run up against the front of the tractor that I would be concerned about hitting/breaking the plastic hood. The release bar is directly behind one of the cross bars and mine sticks so I don’t have enough room to get my fingers behind/under the release bar to release the guard to tip it forward to open the hood.

Fuel - I like the EFI because of starting when it’s cold, but it is also reasonable on fuel usage. I use about a gallon per hour in light or heavy mowing. It seems less blowing snow, but the longest I’ve used it is about 2 1/2 hrs and it wasn’t down to 1/2 full.

Ground Clearance - I haven’t had any issue with that, but don’t have any personal experience with the AWS X739.

Hope this helps.
Definitely seems like from everyone's experiences including yours that the H4WD and HDAP is the way to go. Glad to keep hearing more positives on that front.

The closest dealer definitely has the better part prices it seems. Not by much but everything is something. I do plan to do all standard maintenance may self so only would be going to the dealer really if something were to go wrong. The one thing I need to learn is blade sharpening though but I feel comfortable already handling the rest of the year maintenance.

I would have been worried on price a bit had they come back and only offered MSRP. I feel much better with my quotes being 14-15% off MSRP.

Some good points on the brush guard. I am 50/50 on it at this point. Do like the look. Not sure it would be for much more than looks except for one corner of the yard where I have a somewhat tight turn near some brush. Probably cheaper to just be careful.

That fuel rate does not sound bad. I imagine I would get 4-6 mows out of a tank most likely with my yard.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Blade Sharpening - I just bought the 4” Ryobi belt sander with 6” disc for sharpening blades. Out of a dozen blades or so, I’ve only had one that wasn’t in balance after sharpening and I’ve been able to sharpen a 3 blade set in about 10 minutes or so. It gets sharp blades on the mower with removal and installation to 15-20 minutes total for the job so I will likely do it more often. Other than my new to me zero turn, I’ve never had any problems with blade changes or sharpening. I had to take it to the local dealer to get two blades off. Never have an issue with bolts I tighten.

I sharpen blades with the belt running the length of the sharp edge, but finish with the radius at the end of the belt. I don’t get much burring, but touch the back side to finish. You get a feel for matching the angle. I posted a picture of the bench I built to set it on that gives me top space to lay blades before and after sharpening, plus balancing.

Hope this helps.
Bob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you RT that doesn't sound too bad at all. I know the current tractor could use a sharpen for sure so maybe I will pick one up and try on that one first.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have thought of the X739 but I am worried about the loss of ground clearance from the AWS with wanting to use it in the woods. How much ground clearance do you actually lose with AWS?
I too was looking at the X739. This picture is what made me think many times about it.
IMG_20191220_141205649.jpg

That looks like about 6" of ground clearance across the whole back, so not very much. Unless your "woods" are very flat/smooth with only very little debris, that will not be enough. It also looks pretty easy to damage. Even my small CUT which has 12" of ground clearance is not enough for some areas of my property.

The mini grapple looks really cool and I am sure it can do a lot. But, it only has one approach that it can take. It has to come in from the side, so needs to be able to get in under the thing and then be big enough to fit over the top of it. It then has limited lifting height. This can accomplish a lot, but it is not anywhere near the capability of a grapple on a loader. I recently added a small dedicated grapple to my loader. It is great. I can come in from the side or from the top. Even then, some of the rounds are really too big for it to grab. But, a grapple is a great thing to have. It does require some practice, but it is fun practicing 🙂

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate those pictures. I was looking around for some like that and had not found any yet. I think that has easily made my mind up that the AWS is not worth it to me at that point. If I was only using to mow and plow and didn't want to use in the woods then I think it would be fine. I have a good bit of small stumps the previous owner left that are 3-6in high and they just seem like something I would catch on that if it was under some leaves and I didn't see it. Not worth the risk.

A full grapple on the front would be awesome. Just not sure I can justify the additional price. If I am estimating correctly with a 1025R, FEL, mower deck, and weight system I would be close to $20k+ which way above what I am looking to spend.

·
Super Moderator
15,897 Posts
Well you sure make me feel Old when talking about growing up with a X485. I Bought a X485 new In 2003 It was My Army retirement gift to myself Bought it with a 48inch deck, Rear PTO, Limited Cat 1 3point Hitch, Cat 1 Ballast Box, 45 Loader & Rear AG tires . Used the X485 for 11 years On My Previous 5.5acre Property Upgraded to a Used X748 In 2014 Traded the X485 with a 48inch deck, 7bu MCS In On some attachments for the X748 Keep Most of My attachments had collected for my X485. Back In the day I got 14% off MSRP so it Was about $14,600.

Brush Guard saves Hoods Built In Bumper will Not if You lightly Tap a tree Just right The Brush Guard will save You Money In the Long run( search My Older Posts and you'll understand why) don't think of it just as a cosmetic extra the dealer is throwing in

Now I own a JD 2025R TLB and a X748. I still use the X748 more than I Use the 2025R TLB. I had a 1025R TLB for 1 year Before I bought the 2025R TLB. You mention 0.8 acre of woods. Buy a 1 series would be Like taking a Bull Into a China shop except it It's Case More would be broken On the Bull(1025R) But the X700 series would Probably have less Damaged On it Because it wouldn't have those Tree catcher ROPS On it and a 1 series is know where near the Mower a X700 series is . The X700 series is Just More Maneuverable Then a 1 series in just about every way.

If You Need a Grapple with a Little More Lift Height. You Invest In a CTC Loader for it 2013 John deere x ultimate and there is company Now that Make a small Upper Grapple section that will attach to a CTC Loader and Uses a electric actuator to open & close the Grapple section But with those two Pieces added You Getting Into the Price of a 1 series. But if it's something You Buy Later On the Price doesn't seem as Bad to invest In .

But the quick Hitch Grapple will Probably handle all you needs. Just Check Out Jere's Posts Jere39 the site actually uses a Video of Him working with the Grapple on His X728

The 2WD/2WS & AWD X700 series have the same turn radius of 25inches That was why oit was worth Upgrading a a AWD Machine Because the Hydraulic front axle Didn't Increase Your turn radius like the Older Shift-able 4WD which Gave you a 33inch Turn Radius In 4WD.

It really sounds like a X738 is the Perfect tractor for You Needs (y)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Personally, it’s hard for me to justify new when there are so many clean, lightly-used tractors out there. 15-18% off is what, $12k or so before taxes for a X738 with deck? Add back in another 6-10% for taxes and you’re probably $13-14k out the door. I just paid half that for an extremely clean X738 with only 400 hours. With as overbuilt and, quite frankly, often underutilized as these tractors are, there’s no reason a X738 can’t go 1500-2000 hours.

You may want new only, for whatever your reasons are, and that’s fine. In that case, disregard this post. But I think there’s a TON of value in a lightly used tractor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought a x738 w/ HC54 last August and love it. As far as the gas use I mow my neighbors 4 ac. and go through 6-7 gal. in 2 1/2 to 3 hr which I think is a little on the thirsty side.

·
Super Moderator
15,897 Posts
I bought a x738 w/ HC54 last August and love it. As far as the gas use I mow my neighbors 4 ac. and go through 6-7 gal. in 2 1/2 to 3 hr which I think is a little on the thirsty side.
Yes the Kawasaki's In the X465 thru X739 are very thirsty Machines But they Handle the work load just as Good as the Diesel models (y)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I have the same machine and deck. I mowed a field with tall grass and weeds that were as tall as the back wheels last year a couple of times that took 4 1/2 hrs on one tank (5.2 gal). Also mowed a soccer field (about 2 acres) each week and figured it took about 1 1/4 hrs and a little over a gal of gas. Seems a bit better than you’ve experienced.

·
Premium Member
6,449 Posts
I have the same machine and deck. I mowed a field with tall grass and weeds that were as tall as the back wheels last year a couple of times that took 4 1/2 hrs on one tank (5.2 gal). Also mowed a soccer field (about 2 acres) each week and figured it took about 1 1/4 hrs and a little over a gal of gas. Seems a bit better than you’ve experienced.
Bout the same here, I'd cut grass for 4-5 hours straight on less than 5 gallons with my X720

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well you sure make me feel Old when talking about growing up with a X485. I Bought a X485 new In 2003 It was My Army retirement gift to myself Bought it with a 48inch deck, Rear PTO, Limited Cat 1 3point Hitch, Cat 1 Ballast Box, 45 Loader & Rear AG tires . Used the X485 for 11 years On My Previous 5.5acre Property Upgraded to a Used X748 In 2014 Traded the X485 with a 48inch deck, 7bu MCS In On some attachments for the X748 Keep Most of My attachments had collected for my X485. Back In the day I got 14% off MSRP so it Was about $14,600.

Brush Guard saves Hoods Built In Bumper will Not if You lightly Tap a tree Just right The Brush Guard will save You Money In the Long run( search My Older Posts and you'll understand why) don't think of it just as a cosmetic extra the dealer is throwing in

Now I own a JD 2025R TLB and a X748. I still use the X748 more than I Use the 2025R TLB. I had a 1025R TLB for 1 year Before I bought the 2025R TLB. You mention 0.8 acre of woods. Buy a 1 series would be Like taking a Bull Into a China shop except it It's Case More would be broken On the Bull(1025R) But the X700 series would Probably have less Damaged On it Because it wouldn't have those Tree catcher ROPS On it and a 1 series is know where near the Mower a X700 series is . The X700 series is Just More Maneuverable Then a 1 series in just about every way.

If You Need a Grapple with a Little More Lift Height. You Invest In a CTC Loader for it 2013 John deere x ultimate and there is company Now that Make a small Upper Grapple section that will attach to a CTC Loader and Uses a electric actuator to open & close the Grapple section But with those two Pieces added You Getting Into the Price of a 1 series. But if it's something You Buy Later On the Price doesn't seem as Bad to invest In .

But the quick Hitch Grapple will Probably handle all you needs. Just Check Out Jere's Posts Jere39 the site actually uses a Video of Him working with the Grapple on His X728

The 2WD/2WS & AWD X700 series have the same turn radius of 25inches That was why oit was worth Upgrading a a AWD Machine Because the Hydraulic front axle Didn't Increase Your turn radius like the Older Shift-able 4WD which Gave you a 33inch Turn Radius In 4WD.

It really sounds like a X738 is the Perfect tractor for You Needs (y)
Thank you Sergeant of the long and informative response. Sorry for making you feel old.

The X485 was what I did most of the work for my dad growing up. I have a picture though of him and me from when I was 2 and he was holding me riding around the yard on his new Hydro 185 at the time. That is the tractor I am currently using and will never get rid of because of that reason. I used it a little growing up but not more than a year or two after he thought I was old enough to do the mowing did we get the X485. He still has it to do like snow duty at his apartment building. Because of all this experience, there is no way I could get anything but a Deere.

I will have to look into the brush guard then. I just wish someone made one you could run with the front quick hitch. I definitely don't want anything to happen to the front end in the woods.

With my property, I need something maneuverable which is why I like the X700 so much. A FEL grapple would be nice and maybe down the road I will find I need one and have to look into the CTC one but as of right now I don't and I want something that will mow well. I think the quick hitch grapple as you say will be more than enough. I did read Jere39 review of it and watch the videos and it seems like a fantastic piece of equipment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Personally, it’s hard for me to justify new when there are so many clean, lightly-used tractors out there. 15-18% off is what, $12k or so before taxes for a X738 with deck? Add back in another 6-10% for taxes and you’re probably $13-14k out the door. I just paid half that for an extremely clean X738 with only 400 hours. With as overbuilt and, quite frankly, often underutilized as these tractors are, there’s no reason a X738 can’t go 1500-2000 hours.

You may want new only, for whatever your reasons are, and that’s fine. In that case, disregard this post. But I think there’s a TON of value in a lightly used tractor.
Unfortunately, there are no used X700 series anywhere around that I can find in my area. I have called all dealers within 2 hours. There is one used X425 and a used X585 but that is it. I did find a 2015 X758 but really don't want diesel and it is also a little over 3hrs away. The worst part is that no the only dealer I found that even stocks these sold there and is waiting on another to come in.

I don't mind buying new though as for me this is a one time purchase item. I won't be upgrading or trading it in. Will be plenty of tractor/mower for me for this property for life.

·
Super Moderator
29,569 Posts
Thank you Sergeant of the long and informative response. Sorry for making you feel old.

You don't need to apologize, he is old, ancient even...and probably mean and grumpy too! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,897 Posts
Unfortunately, there are no used X700 series anywhere around that I can find in my area. I have called all dealers within 2 hours. There is one used X425 and a used X585 but that is it. I did find a 2015 X758 but really don't want diesel and it is also a little over 3hrs away. The worst part is that no the only dealer I found that even stocks these sold there and is waiting on another to come in.

I don't mind buying new though as for me this is a one time purchase item. I won't be upgrading or trading it in. Will be plenty of tractor/mower for me for this property for life.
Where are You Located State & General area?
Here is a Place that specializes In Late used Deere equipment and the ship across the Lower 48 states using Mayflower Movers

Riding Mowers » Roeder Outdoor Power

Several MTF Members Including Myself have Bought from them GGSteve had them ship Him One In New Hampshire. I picked Up a X748 & a X540 from them sight unseen other Than Pictures there about a 3hr drive one way from me Haven't had a Issue with either Machine. Bought a 2012 X748 from them In 2014 & Bought a 2012 X540 from them In 2016. Most of there equipment comes from Deere employees that trade there Machines every 2 years and are usually serviced By the dealer yearly (y)

Reactions: c5rulz
1 - 20 of 77 Posts