My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No other forum to put this so i guess i'll put it here and the mods can move it to the Chinese forum when we get one. Check out this little 20 hp, power steering ,turf tires, 2 wd Chinese tractor. I checked into it and with signing up for an interest free Card for one year from Rural King, i can get this tractor for $3600.00. That is 10% off the regular price. I was really tempted , but i need it like another hole in my head. But....it is awful sweet of a deal. The mower deck is NOT included...and it is a pretty orange color too. :D Oh, and it is the 3 cylinder motor and NOT the 2 cylinder.
http://ruralking.com/rko/cart.cgi?PRODUCT=030010918&SPD=93A76677078UXIQ

Dur

·
Registered
42 Posts
Durwood, I know many don't want to hear it but they are a great value for the buck. I own one and can't complain one bit. EDIT-Photobucket been cranky lately for you?
[/IMG]

·
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HarryG said:
Durwood, I know many don't want to hear it but they are a great value for the buck. I own one and can't complain one bit. EDIT-Photobucket been cranky lately for you?
[/IMG]

Oh man Harry...you got a purdy blue one. :) I have never used photobucket so i guess if i want to put my belly button girl on here , then i'm gonna have to. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Harry,

Why don't you move someplace where it snows once and a while?
Then you caould use the tractor during the winter. :D

·
Super Moderator
32,048 Posts
HarryG said:
[/IMG]

I have always thought the Chinese tractors were a good deal for the guy that needs a tractor, but maybe cant swing, or justfy the big cost of the name brand stuff. OK, they may take a bit more mantance work, but for that maney you are talking an OLD compact tractor, or some vintage iron, and they would need more work also.

What brand is that BTW. Tell us a little about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Paul,
its a Jinma. its a 224 (22HP) 4WD. They are not finished well that I will admit but for what I use it for it fills my needs. Sure I've heard they need period work but **** I'm a mechanic and this is like fixin a 8n. Bet this technology is 50 years old. Just need basic tools and half a brain which makes me qualified to work on it.
In reality, they ain't that bad. I bought the tractor in a crate and assembled myself. I got about 7600 in the whole thing with a Koyker loader w/5' bucket and joystick. So far so good at about 90 hours. Runs like **** with much more power than the 22HP its rated.

Durwood, the FEL will lift a max of 1200#, I don't think that would lift you sweetheart in the pic of yours. ROF

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Seems like making the Chinese tractors a viable alternative has really come to fruition this last year or so. As long as you cover your bases on what to expect and do, they seem to be a good alternative to forking over some big dough to buy a big name tractor. Pros and cons on both sides from what I've gathered. I'm sure the Internet has helped a lot of people figure out it the imports are for them or not.

That's pretty cool you put that together from a crate, HarrryG. At least you know every things tight.

·
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MowHoward2210 said:
Seems like making the Chinese tractors a viable alternative has really come to fruition this last year or so. As long as you cover your bases on what to expect and do, they seem to be a good alternative to forking over some big dough to buy a big name tractor. Pros and cons on both sides from what I've gathered. I'm sure the Internet has helped a lot of people figure out it the imports are for them or not.

That's pretty cool you put that together from a crate, HarrryG. At least you know every things tight.
That is cool that you built that from a crate Harry. I bet that was a good learning experience. :congrats:

Durwood

·
Super Moderator
32,048 Posts
I have to say, if I ever did go that route, I would want to assamble it also. Not so much to save the cash, but to give me a chance to become famler with it. I am a born wrench turner. Just not happy unless I am fixing something.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,419 Posts
WOW! When I think of what else is out there for $3600, it is a good thing to consider this alternative. That tractor would drag around most other $3600 garden tractors like a toy.

·
wbg
1 Posts
Harry, I am shopping for a Jinma Crate deal now. Any suggestions? Any stories you can tell me about your experience? Thanks, wbg

·
Once again a Super Member
13,711 Posts
wbg said:
Harry, I am shopping for a Jinma Crate deal now. Any suggestions? Any stories you can tell me about your experience? Thanks, wbg

Howdy and welcome wbg

The only think I have ever heard was drain all the fuilds (0il & Hydro) but other than that. The Crate deal is worth the "Sweat Equity"!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know this is late but RuralKing doesn't sell tractors anymore,looked on their site and did a searched No go, Nada, None. :sad_02: I'm not really sad..CCL but they were cheap enough though!

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
:ditto: I was at rural king a few weeks ago and they had a pretty complete lineup already setup and ready to go!Nice lookin tractors especially considering the price.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well I'll Be Danged!
I did a search on that site the day I posted and came up empty.That tractor looks just like a Kama, Really nice looking rig,I like the wide Heavy looking stance! :congrats: :bannana:

·
Unbreakable Breaker
186 Posts
I'm looking at getting a used Tractor King (Jinma) 254 (25Horse, 4wd) from a guy near me. Bought it from Rural King 2 years ago, and has less than 80 hours on it. Comes with a koyker loader and 6ft. finish mower. Is $7500 too much? He really wants $8k, but I just can't see buying used for that much.
Any thoughts? I really don't want to overspend on something used, but the low hours are appealing, and it's in really good condition. Basic needs, and I probably won't ever push it that much.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
cjax,

I'm sure no authority on used Jinma's but that sounds decent. I was just looking at NT 254 (Jinma) with loader for under $10500. new, but the tractor you're looking at includes the Koyker AND finish mower which are fairly expensive items included in the price.

I'm still a little apprehensive about recommending Chinese tractors due to their cloudy history and problems with the earlier models. I WILL say that most manufacturers have improved drastically and support for these tractors is much better than just a few years ago.

Some of the issues I've repeatedly read about (under 100 hours) are excessive smoke, broken oil pump shafts, power steering failure, poor castings and some structural failure... and many electrical connection issues.

IN FAIRNESS TO THE JINMA COMPANY (LOL) this is going back two years to present on all models, owners and operators and nothing specific to the model you're investigating. I would strongly suggest that you look carefully for the above issues, demand to operate the tractor and implements thoroughly and go with that seldom fail-proof method: "Gut Feeling"!

I recently had an opportunity to drive the 3048 (30 HP) nice tractor but I did NOT like their FEL. A little substandard and light compared to an American built loader.

Hopefully other MTF members with more experience with a model similar to the one you're looking at, will chime in.

·
Unbreakable Breaker
186 Posts
I drove it, fired right up no problems. Liked the way the loader felt, and I can deal with it not being Hydrostatic for the money. Just wanting to make sure I'm not overspending if I get it. I think I'll offer $7500 and go from there. The thing has been garaged and still has the nubs on the tires. Doesn't look like it's been used for anything much more than mowing, and not anything more than a flat couple of acres.
Guess I'll go for it for the money.
I'm pretty bad about it, but I guess I'll have to post some pics!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts