My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I firmly believe the old saying, "You don't need a big boat, you need a friend with a big boat". I have several off shore fishing buddies. One has a 30' Contender that will hit 45-50 on flat water. This trip was on my other buddy's Cat with twin 140's, a bit slow, tops out at about 23-24 knots. We ran 68 miles off shore from Chincoteague Va. We had 3 guys on the boat, 7 lines out, and about a half hour after dropping the first one, five Yellowfin Tuna hit at the same time. Tangled 4 lines bad, and it took a while to get the fish in one at a time. We boated 3 of the five, Joe.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,614 Posts
That's a nice looking boat. I can't imagine fighting five tunas all at once. Nice catch!

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
You're an Eastern Shore boy? Kooooool......for people who have never been there....you just cannot imagine what a beautiful part of Our Country it is .....nice!...Did anyone time the fighting?...I bet you guys were exhausted after bringing them in 🌈

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually we are about 4 hours West. My friend that owns the boat is the small guy on the right, the guy in the middle is my neighbor, that leaves me on the left. The boat owner also has a townhouse on the island with a deep water dock. I’m on my tablet and can’t add pics. I have to go back to my desk.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We fished Norfolk canyon, about 68 miles South East. These pics are from a couple years ago on my other friends boat. We were fishing Baltimore canyon, about 70 miles North East. This is the 30' Contender center consul. This is one of my favorite fishing pics, if you look close you can see the hook in the Marlins mouth. That was a $5000 fish we let go. The first White Marlin checked in at Ocean City Maryland each year wins the cash prize. When I found out we let $5000 swim away, I asked John why we didn't take it in. He said it was still early and we would have had to rush in to check it, and he wanted to fish some more. We caught the White Marlin, a 90 pound Yellowfin, two Mahi Mahi, and a Mako Shark. I had a cook out the next day, grilled the Tuna, Mahi, and Mako. Every one that tried all three said the Mako was the best by far. If you ever get a chance to try fresh Mako don't miss it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts