My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a fairly easy and inexpensive way to keep yourself out of the snow and wind. My brother-in-law put a golf cart weather enclosure on his JD2320 and I put the same one on my JD2210. I'd bet it would fit others.
Bought it from Northern Tool for $99 but they happen to be on sale now for $79. You just need to have a roof and this cover fits over the top like a toaster cover and ties down. I used some conduit to support the front of the plywood sheet and then bolted the back through two holes that were in the ROPS. The cover has zippered panels so you can enter/exit from either side. The only draw back is it doesn't cover all the way down to the foot area. Your boots get a little snow on them but nothing major. Again it's not pretty but it really keeps you out of the snow and wind.
If anyone is interested I can take better pictures and measurements of the plywood top I used.

Attachments

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
TP,

Thanks for the post. I'll bet next winter more of these will be showing up! :)

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Doesn't look bad and the price is right. slkpk

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Nice idea. It will definitley be worth a second look come Fall.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
179 Posts
I remember seeing the same thing done on a Kubota before. I think it was on the "Customization" forum at TBN. The owner said he was really happy with the results. The price certainly beats putting maybe $3K into a cab that you will only use a few times in the winter.

I would like to see some pictures of your front supports.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts