My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
collector of the old
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this given to me serial # indicates its a 1959. My plan is to rebuild and not restore this thing. The base plate is broken where it mounts to the deck so that'll need addressed. Then ill have to track down a deck once I get it running and repainted
1214190839~2.jpg

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,031 Posts
Looks like it will be a fun project! A very iconic engine. Late 50s, early 60s is kinda where the Lawnboy phenomenon took flight. Those gold C series models have always been some of my favorites. It’s going to get repainted and overhauled, but not restored? The decals should be available from eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
collector of the old
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir not restored, it will cut grass every week at my home so it won't be a Barrett-Jackson mirror under the deck show piece but it will be done nicely and serve it's intended purpose ?

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,031 Posts
Yes sir not restored, it will cut grass every week at my home so it won't be a Barrett-Jackson mirror under the deck show piece but it will be done nicely and serve it's intended purpose
Copy that! Great plan! These little mowers are too good to sit on the sidelines. Although I do have a couple that I just can’t bring myself to getting dirty. One has an entirely NOS engine and the other is basically all new parts and a lot of money and time into the paint, so I suppose they will remain on static display only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
collector of the old
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Issue #2 yes that's the clock spring haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts