My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to diesels. But i need a small tractor with front end loader. My back is bad and there are projects i want to accomplish at home that i can't do without a loader. I have a x320 for mowing purposes. This 655 would STRICTLY be for loader/light tilller duty purposes ..

I know the pto hp is only 10-11 .. i don't plan on heavy use ..

The machine looks to be in good shape from the pictures ... The machine is a 2 owner. The owners son is selling because his dad who owns the machine has a bad heart.

The owners son said the machine has new hydraulic lines, new seat from the picture, and the engine was rebuilt at 1300 hours by a competent diesel mechanic who's name the son actually gave me.

He said the machine runs perfectly .. all original paint ..

ASKING PRICE $6,500 with 'neg' in the title of the ad.. so negotiable !

What should i look for .. what should i listen and look for regarding engine health ? .. also what should i look for regarding PTO health ? ..

I appreciate all input .. My girlfriends step dad bought a 1026r a few months ago and i just can't get over the machines beauty.

I love to restore things. The last thing i restored was a 1977 Starcraft Holiday and trailer. So i tinker all the time and am fairly mechanically inclined and very eager to always learn more ..

i LOVE these older machines because they are all steal and are EASILY restored/painted/freshened up !
Please help guys !

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I passed on the machine. Tie rods were worn out, engine had been rebuilt at 1300 hrs, and meter said 1800 hrs.. Owner said engine was hard to start, a mechanic screwed it up trying to fix, then a local deere dealer found little to no compression so whole thing was rebuilt. To many things and little to no parts online... No deck, only loader....

Earlier in the day i test drove a 4 year old kubota 1860 with 400 hrs on it with loader and deck in great shape for $8,000. The kubota was tight and sharp.. The 655 was well worn, and power steering was on the week side. Like a $2 dollar, well ya know..

The guy with 655 was askin $6,500 FIRM. would not budge.. About $1,500 to high if you ask me..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts