My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since i missed out on the 444 yesterday I stumbled onto what appears to be a 446 or 448. It looks VERY rough from the pictures but I see a loop on the back so it appears it might have a pto and it has weel weights.
I'm going to look at it tomorrow, the owner is out of town and doesn't know anything about it. Seems to be his uncles and it was parked 2yrs ago when he got sick. Uncle died and now getting rid of his stuff to help with funeral cost. Wants $300, I think thats high but I figure I'll go look at it since its not that far away. I wonder if it was ever kept inside? (so sad :banghead3)

I'm thinking if its as bad as it first appears at least it can help my 444 live a better life with some organ donations. Although if its not completly done I do have a Onan P220 from a wheel horse that runs good and might make a nice transplant.

Brad

Attachments

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Good luck.

By the way, your screen name is an oxymoron. You have a LOT of tractors, but is it possible to have TOO MANY ?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Value......just like beauty... is in the eye of the beholder.

The rear PTO kit is worth $200.00 on its own.

The wheel weight are worth anothr $100.00

There must be at least a sleeve hitch there and that's worth another $150.00 to $200.00
It has a hood scoop and those only came on 448's. The hood would bring $50.00 on e-Bay.

If that was near by me, I'd be there long before you and it would be on my trailer heading home with me laughing about how cheap it was to buy.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
99flhr: I agree thats kinda what I was going for with the screen name. You can never have too many (except when you start running out of room like I am quickly :)

castoff: Normally I would be all over it but I'm slowing down a little with buying since the projects are building up and not getting completed quickly. (and I'm running out of places to hide them from the neighbors). I asked if there was any other equipment that goes with it and he said no so I won't know if it has a hitch or not.

I can't go ever there any quicker either since he's out of town till tomorrow evening so I'm not worried about it getting sold.
I was wondering if that was a hoodscoop on there, couldn't really tell from the pic and haven't seen that many of them. I hope its in repairable condition, I'd really like an Onan powered Case. I guess we'll see tomorrow!

Brad

·
Registered
786 Posts
That tractor is worth 300 easy. However depending on how its aged it could take a small fortune to make it nice again, all those little things add up.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I also see a mower deck on it. Wish it was near me. Looks like a nice Rebuild. Good luck in getting it.
Same here. If that were within 2 hours from me I'd have it today for $300.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm trying to go look at it today, hope I can get ahold of the guy. I know he was out of town but told me to call this afternoon. I would go look at it tomorrow but I have to go into work early almost this entire week :fing20:

Brad

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
Definitely worth $300. But the Dutchman in me says you may be able to get it for $200.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got ahold of the guy, he said he'd have to call me back in about 15min. 40min later I called him back, talked to somone for about 2sec before the phone cuts out on his end and can't get ahold of them since. Looks like either something happened to the guy or more likely its sold and he doesn't want to talk to me. Looks like I'll have more money and time to get the 444 going then so I guess its a good thing.

Brad

·
1,359 Posts
Call tomorrow. What do you have to lose?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I just hate when that happens - it really p...es me off, its possible he sold it out from under you and now he is not man enough to face you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think Caseman2 may be right. I'd keep calling, around supper time, early morning, late in the evening. Happened to me once, hate that.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plan on calling again, just won't be able to look at it for awhile with my work schedule this week ( 12-16hr days and don't get home till after midnight). I just hate it when somone doesn't have the decency to call or email you back.

Brad

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Greetings Brad . been reading this thread and I get the impression that you have other Case tractors already . I have been considering getting one but I would actually like to see one before I decide to buy one . What part of VA do you live in ?, I am in Waldorf Md. I would love to see your Case tractor(s) if you wouldnt mind me visiting you sometime at your convience ...? Mike

·
1,359 Posts
I just hate when that happens - it really p...es me off, its possible he sold it out from under you and now he is not man enough to face you.
I wouldn't go so far to say the guy sold it from under him. Did he put down a deposit and give a time frame when he'd pick it up? No. If it was sold it was free game to whomever had the cash in hand.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nothing is ever sold until cash is in hand. I never tell someone over the phone I'll hold anything for them. First there with the cash wins.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I wouldn't go so far to say the guy sold it from under him. Did he put down a deposit and give a time frame when he'd pick it up? No. If it was sold it was free game to whomever had the cash in hand.
No you are correct, it may have been a different thing if he had made a specific appointment and the guy honored it, I have had sellers agree to show it in the order the calls came in committing myself to at least come and look at it and my word is my bond.

TooManyGt's should have been a little more aggressive about it, he could have even offered to come look at it (without the sellers presence) and if he wanted it to leave the money with a relation or neighbor and ride off into the sunset with it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was aggressive as I could be, He was out of town and said he wouldn't be available till Wed. I got him to agree to Tuesday since my work schedule has been busy and wouldn't be able to come look at it till next Monday. I called and talked for a sec. said he would call me back in 15 and didn't. Then I tried to call him and got through for a few sec. before the phone got disconnected. Tried calling back a number of times yesterday and today but still couldn't get through.
The ad is still up so maybe there is chance. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

-Mike.ASC, my 444 is in peices right now since the engine is being rebuilt so I'm not sure how much good it would do to look at it. But if your still intrested in coming down I'm located in Fredericksburg.

Brad

1 - 20 of 21 Posts