My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to find out what the going rate is for these. Don't want to short myself, but don't want to be non-realistic either for potential buyers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
If it's set to bolt on (good gears, bearings, seal, straight shaft) it might fetch $75-100. If it needs rebuild, less, depending on what's wrong.

I'd keep it. Unless you're dead sure you'll never want (to repair) a 106 deck, you may find you want a spare gearbox one day.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Judging by the rust on the slip clutch and output shaft, along with the algae that has grown on the housings, I would assume that it needs to be built. That coming from the point of a prospective buyer. I think you're somewhere in the $25 range. While that seems low, the cost to replace bearings in one of those things is actually fairly substantial because they aren't common. Secondly, most people don't want to under take rebuilding them, much less just replacing the output shaft seal. Unless it's only used for parts, for someone to want to buy it to use, there needs to be a good incentive price to attract them knowing what work it needs.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts