My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In mid fall I got the forks for my 45 loader. I had used these to pick up pallets of plants to bring in the garage to prevent freezing. I found that with the loader/bucket up at the right height it really blocked the headlights and I was pretty blind trying to maneuver down a dark path between cars. Since then I been collecting what I needed to install some LEDs on the 45 loader to help with night work. I bought 2 18w 1500Lm LED lights to mount. I ran wiring on the loader from the lights to the right side of the driver station where there is a plug. From the power port I then ran a power source that can easily plug into the loader harness when needed and at other times simply unplug from the loader and stow away. So the loader wiring is all on the loader and this does not impede the process of disconnecting it from the tractor. I now can run these lights and the regular headlights and rear lights too. Here are a few photos. All the night photos except for the last one are taken without a flash. The very last one was taken with a flash and with the headlights on too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Nice work! That looks like the right addition in the right place to give you the light you need.
:thanku:for sharing the pics!:thThumbsU

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Nice work! That looks like the right addition in the right place to give you the light you need.
:thanku:for sharing the pics!:thThumbsU
:ditto::ditto: slkpk

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
Awesome modification!

Where did you get your lights?

:thanku:for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I've been thinking about something like that too. I picked up a set of lights from Northern Tools, I believe they are LED's also. Great job on your install. They look like they do a good job of lighting the path.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Very nice. Looks like plenty of light. You should be able to work all night long with that rigg'in. :fing32:

I have never used the standard lights on Big Greene. I try not to work that late. :sidelaugh

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Looks great! It makes the goal post look a little more finished off. :thanku: for the pics!

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Hey now there is an idea that makes the Goal Posts useful!

Great install!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looking good! Got to be able to see to do a good job!

-CleanGreen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts