My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drove dirt track cars for 15 years , BUT this thread is not about me .
My son Lonnie started raceing when he was 15 year young . His first night out he rolled his car , landed on the wheels and went on to win the race.
He has done well every year since .
I wanna tell you about last year , 2004.
The year went great , and finished even better. Here is how he finished.
Quincy Raceways , Track Champion
Lee County Speedway , Track Champion
Illinios State Champion
Deery Brothers Summer Series , Runner Up
Fifth placein IMCA National points
12 feather wins
47 top 10`s out of 52 nights of raceing

Of course I`m a proude Dad , But guess what , this year the third generation racer . Lonnie`s Son , My grandson, Matt Bailey , Makes his Debut
On Dirt and in his Dad`s class . Late Model Dirt.
Matt is 17 years young , and does all the track set ups for his Dad. He knows what he is doing.
I will post a pic of Matts Car , Lonnies car is just like it But Red in color.
Matt does all the desighn layouts. Ok, I got the big Head !!! :fing02:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
You may have a big head but the son and grandson are doing you proud so why not?

Its good to hear that the kids enjoy themselves and have a little fun. I always knew that racing is not a single sport but a team sport. I betcha dad taught son, who taught his son how to do it, so to me its a team sport.

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michael,
I`m gonna try a better pic. , that one dont do them justice.
Your right , Team work ,, and Familey fun .

Attachments

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Thats great i try and make the races here whenever i can. My neighbor use to race a few years back and i spent every Friday night at the track with him. Does he ever race in the SUPR Series? Or do y'all have that series up there. I like to go and see them when they race at Baton Rouge raceway or Pike county raceway in Mississippi.

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Jody they dont have that series up there , The Deery Brothers and show me Series are the big show . Some real hot doggers there , Fun to watch.
I`m gonna try to post one more pic of The hot Rod from last year.
Lonnie was down here in Arkansas last week , he picked up his new car , its not ready yet . supposed to be faster than last year . Its a GRT built in Greenbrier Arkansas.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Cool pics,Dr. B. You have every right to be proud. :congrats: Who builds Lonnie's engines?

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fushion 1970 ,, It has been a great life , I`ve been blessed , All my familey , we work together and we play together. By your avistar , I thought you would be a Racer.
MowHoward 2210 , Lonnie works at a Speed & Race engine shop ,( Tripple R race engines) They are doing some Bush Car engines this year.
To answer your question, Lonnie is the shop manager and he does his own building.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Impressive! That takes a lot of knowhow.

·
Super Moderator
32,049 Posts
You have good reason to be proud!! Looking nice. My step father was a dirt track racer around these parts back in the 50's and early 60's. I have not been to a race in about 25 years though.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
DRB- Back in like 1989, I had a friend who raced a Pinto in the street stock or mini stock class, and he about had me talked into it. I even got the Pinto, just never finished it. My cousin is getting into racing. Im not sure what class it is, but its a beater class...if someone offers you $300 for your car, you have to accept it. That keeps people from investing a bunch of money into a car for an unfair advantage. That to me would be cool too, as it's a start.

My avatar is just a temporary one til I can get a decent pic of my CC 1525. I didnt keep my old avatar as a file, so it went bye-bye with the old site.

Anyway, keep us posted on your son. That is admirable, doing something like that as a father/son team.

Good luck,
Greg

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Sweet Br. B. Nothing like having the younger generation carry on the family tradition. You have to be one proud poppa. And i always said that i was proud of my 3 stepboys because none of them have went to prison yet. :fing32:

Durwood

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Durwood ,, You have a great sence of humar , :fing02: I think!!!
I`m happy That no one went to prison.
OK , one last post about my grandson , then I`ll let it rest.
I went up north this past week end , Matt`s first Race , We had to be there. For his first Heat Race he chose to start in the rear. I was glad to see that, However , he did a nice smooth job. In his feature He also started in the rear , 50 laps , as the race went on he got better , he passed 4 cars ,
He got laped by the first and second place car , Third place car couldn`t get around him , LoL , it was his Dad. . I was totally impressed and proud of the kid .

There I feel Better ,,,, missed y`all this weekend , I`m Baaaaack

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
I sure wish I could go back to the races, I cannot due the recent operation on my ear and I am a big race fan. You name any place on the left coast and I would go. Dirt or paved it is great to me, I enjoy all the racing because to me its the greatest team sport out there, take up to 43 teams and drivers and throw em out there and I am in heaven. Just to bad the doctor doesn't want me close to any racing for at least another year until my left eardrum is completely healed :banghead3 :chillpill All I can do right now is to watch it on the Tube and I have had in the past NASCAR tickets to Las Vegas, Phoenix, California, and Infinion Raceway and My son almost bought me tickets this year to Phoenix for my birthday and I told him no, wait until next year. I so want to go, but I know for the ear to heal properly I just cannot do it.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Hey Don, how are lonnie and Matt doing on the racing circuit? And are you able to make any of the races?

Dur

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Dur
My son hasn`t got it together for the year yet , He is still trying to get the new car set up , Little Matt is doing great , He finished 4th in his heat race and and 17th in his feather race . thats good for the third time out ,, ever !!.
We are going up north Memerial day week end . I`ll get to see them again. we been there once so far this year. Thanks for asking Durwood .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts