My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GK 965 that my client has which he wants very much to sell, has a Greerulator Hydraulics Accumulator that he has to replace. He was able to get a NOS one from Rays in Boyertown, PA. He had to pay $100 for it. He has been to a local hydraulics company and they know what it is and that it needs to be charged up but they don't have a connector that fits the charging port.

Note: This is all Greek to me, I'm just repeating the facts as it was related to me. I don't profess any knowledge of the GK, and its workings. Especially the hydraulics.

Question is: Does anybody here know anything about the Greerulator, and how to charge it with the Nitrogen, since a special connector must be needed. He has a company that will be able to do the job if they had a connector.

Also, he is interested in selling and will now take $700 for it if anyone is interested. It is holding up the purchase of the GT I have it now turns out.
PM me if any of you know about the connector, and also if any of you would like to talk to the man about the GK...........

Attachments

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I would think that any company that fills Oxygen tanks or nitrogen tanks etc would have that fitting.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know. Same here, but the way he described it, it was like a proprietary fitting. I had never heard of a high pressure (up to 1000psi) anything on these or any type of GT.

The company is a well known hydraulics supply and repair company in Nashville, so I doubt it is a couple of mechanics scratching their respective heads or A$$es, wondering, Duhhhh, what is it?! Also, as I said, this is all second hand knowledge on my part. He has asked me to get on here and ask anyone who has any knowledge of these and in particular, anyone who might have the refill connector, or (for me) someone who might like to buy it, as is.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I am sure that there is 1K PSI on it because that is what an Accumilator does, it stores pressure so hydraulics work very quickly.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again, news to me. I know a lot about some things mechanical, but hydraulics were never a part of my general education. Makes you appreciate the hydraulics system a bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts