My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This machine just amazes me how much work it will do for it's size. I have a log staging yard just a few miles from home. I stop by there to pick up the cut offs that get set aside. This one is black walnut 36" in diameter by 48 long. Steve

2305 Johndeere 001.jpg

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
WOW!! That is huge!!:fing32::eek:mg:

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Steve thanks for posting the pic. These 2210/2305's are a small tractor with a big attitude!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Aside from tractors, excavation etc. I am also a professional woodworker and wood turner, that piece is a small gold mine for wood turners! Here is some of my work www.picframer.ca

·
Premium Member
333 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
I really hope thats getting turned into something other then fire wood.. That would cost a fortune up here to buy.. Thanks for sharing a pic..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've never saw a walnut that size...I've got a couple chunk (4x4x12") but I bet something like that would cost a pretty penny...could make alot of money with something like that too, though.

Matt

·
Registered
108 Posts
I feel pretty much the same wood is generally firewood, was cutting some this weekend chipping up the brush with the tractor and bear cat chipper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts