My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am now in the finishing phase of refurbishing a Gibson mod. A (the small one). Having never seen one of these before acquistion , I was glad I own a mod. D during the reassembly process. Though they are very similar, there is a lot of differences as they were the first, and necessary changes were made. One of these is the rear lifting assembly. I have the handle and rear lifting frame. Absent (I think), is some sort of locking devise on the handle that maintains a setting , up or down. This is different than the D as it mounts mid frame on the frame wheras the D mounts to the differential. Can you show a pic of yours if it has what I need to make mine complete. Having a problem loading my pics. Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to go look at mine...
Cant remember...
The picture you're showing is a model D. They mount the lift assembly on the differential behind the seat. The model A is mounted on the frame to the left of the seat. The D is definitely a better improvement and this cannot be added to an A due to the changeout of the differentials. The A has a modified (maybe Chrysler product) differential, totally different from the Gibson cast differential.
Now maybe you have a model A tucked around the corner we can peek at. In any case, Thanks for the reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.