My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the cover and put the weights away yesterday.

Water Plant Swimming pool Azure Shade
Water Plant Water resources Property Green

Algea is mostly just lying on the bottom:
Water Green Nature Rectangle Plant

Thank God for the loader!

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
Plant Shade Tree Road surface Land lot

Started the motor up, put the strainers in and hit it with 3 bags of Shock-It! 4 in 1 and added three 3" chlorine tablets to each strainer:

Plant Cloud Sky Natural landscape Tree

After a few hours:

Water Plant Green Rectangle Natural landscape

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will take a few days yet to get it completely blue. At least one or two vacuumings will be needed. Too hot today so that will happen Monday or Tuesday.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it was SUPPOSED to be John Deere green :D:D
Nope, from what I learned after I got here though, the previous owner must have thought that too! The neighbors always tell me that he seldom ever had it "blue" like it should be.

Super Moderator
That'd be awesome here. It's hot and muggy. Alteady been 94F.

Reactions: bontai Joe

Registered
Looking good! And got seat time for a bonus! Opened ours up just over a week ago, took a couple days with the aqua robot and some chems, then turned the heater on last Thursday when we hit 80+ for the last few days. It鈥檚 already 79 degrees and the son had friends over swimming yesterday. The earliest by far, but he鈥檚 graduating in 2 weeks so wanted to make sure it鈥檚 ready for the party!
Water Plant Swimming pool Tree Outdoor furniture

Registered
Thanks! I love it鈥 not cheap, but I never have to hand vac, which I hate.. even when it鈥檚 first opened I use it, oh I gotta be on top of it to empty the basket, but I was out there power washing stuff anyway. By the end of the day it鈥檚 clean, and I鈥檓 not beat by fighting with the pole and hose. I can even control it with an app on my phone that lets me remote drive it, and has a timer so it runs every morning at 8am, as long as it鈥檚 in the water. I take it out once a week, as recommended, to let it dry and empty the basket, but otherwise I never have to worry about it. Best investment, besides going with the salt, I鈥檝e made for it. The pool pretty much takes care of itself for the most part.

Citizen of Earth
Thanks! I love it鈥 not cheap, but I never have to hand vac, which I hate.. even when it鈥檚 first opened I use it, oh I gotta be on top of it to empty the basket, but I was out there power washing stuff anyway. By the end of the day it鈥檚 clean, and I鈥檓 not beat by fighting with the pole and hose. I can even control it with an app on my phone that lets me remote drive it, and has a timer so it runs every morning at 8am, as long as it鈥檚 in the water. I take it out once a week, as recommended, to let it dry and empty the basket, but otherwise I never have to worry about it. Best investment, besides going with the salt, I鈥檝e made for it. The pool pretty much takes care of itself for the most part.
"going with the salt"?? Is your pool a salt water pool?

Registered
"going with the salt"?? Is your pool a salt water pool?
They call it a salt generation system, but realistically what it does is uses a salt generator to regulate the chlorine to where鈥檚 its just the minimum PPM. you need to keep the salt to about 3000 PPM.. It does it automatically, (within realistic expectations.. you do need to monitor and make adjustments). Much nicer than a standard chlorine system since the water doesn鈥檛 have the harshness and the minimum chlorine helps the wife鈥檚 hair from turning color! Lol! Plus I like that you can swim, get out, and not feel you need a shower right away.

Citizen of Earth
You went from John Deere green to New Holland blue.:D

Reactions: PA318Guy

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, sort of got pulled into other work for a while but finally got the steps in and vacuumed the pool, have to put some water back in to filter though as I do the vacuuming of the algea on the "Waste" setting and send it out to the ditch, so my filters don't have to try to clean all the junk.

Water Plant Water resources Property Swimming pool

Professional Homeowner
You guys really keep your pools nice!
I started setting our little Intex type pool up a couple weeks ago. Picked it up last year for free off Marketplace, needed a new pump which I obtained locally for $25 or so. I put probably 10鈥 of water in it, just enough to tell where I needed to add shims under the legs to make the top 鈥渓evel within 1 inch.鈥 Then threw some chlorine tablets in the floaty dispensey thingy.
Today I finally got back to it. It鈥檚 been in the high 60鈥檚 since I set it up, so really no big loss yet. Problem is tree junk has been falling in. Spent some time with the skimmer and the cordless vacuum that came with the free pool. Vacuum works pretty good, believe it or not.
While vacuuming I continued filling it. I鈥檒l get the pump/filter hooked up after lunch, then fill it the rest of the way.
I installed a valve on the sprinkler manifold last fall so it makes it easier to fill. The fill line doubles as the 鈥渟olar heater,鈥 after it鈥檚 full and I reconfigure it in line with the pump. It kind of works. I might throw a couple bucks at it this year to improve it. I have like $50 into the whole setup, including stuff I bought to change the manifold. Takes well under 2 hours to fill the 15 or 16鈥 diameter 42鈥 deep pool, right around 4,000 gallons I think.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys really keep your pools nice!
I started setting our little Intex type pool up a couple weeks ago. Picked it up last year for free off Marketplace, needed a new pump which I obtained locally for $25 or so. I put probably 10鈥 of water in it, just enough to tell where I needed to add shims under the legs to make the top 鈥渓evel within 1 inch.鈥 Then threw some chlorine tablets in the floaty dispensey thingy.
Today I finally got back to it. It鈥檚 been in the high 60鈥檚 since I set it up, so really no big loss yet. Problem is tree junk has been falling in. Spent some time with the skimmer and the cordless vacuum that came with the free pool. Vacuum works pretty good, believe it or not.
While vacuuming I continued filling it. I鈥檒l get the pump/filter hooked up after lunch, then fill it the rest of the way.
I installed a valve on the sprinkler manifold last fall so it makes it easier to fill. The fill line doubles as the 鈥渟olar heater,鈥 after it鈥檚 full and I reconfigure it in line with the pump. It kind of works. I might throw a couple bucks at it this year to improve it. I have like $50 into the whole setup, including stuff I bought to change the manifold. Takes well under 2 hours to fill the 15 or 16鈥 diameter 42鈥 deep pool, right around 4,000 gallons I think.
Thanks, I grew up maintaining pools, this is the smallest one I've ever maintained. They are a bit of work but nice when you want to relax and cool off on a hot summer day. Doesn't matter the size though, they are just for enjoyment. Not too sure how much long mine will last, was put in in the late 60's and the material holding the vinyl is starting to fail.

Citizen of Earth
I bought a swimming pool last year at the closeout price of $25 from a Big Lot store. They sell at huge discounts if you time your purchase just right. We shipped it to family in the Philippines and they are having a blast with it. I don't know how long it will last before someone pokes a hole in it, but they got more than $25 worth of fun already out of it.
Water Plant Outdoor recreation Leisure Toddler

1 - 18 of 18 Posts