My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday I missed a $300 MTD 990 because I was at the Pats game.

This week I missed a $350 JD 318 because of work

Today I missed a beautiful $175 Massey MF12 because I was playing a golf tournament

I feel incredibly lucky to have such problems, and a wonderful wife and family to boot! I wish you all such difficulties.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
So you got to see a game, have a job, and time to play golf. Yep, sounds like you got it rough, buddy.:trink39:

·
10,839 Posts
Your priorities seem to be needing an adjustment. Work is a valid excuse. Football game, your pushing it. Golf? We'll let you know when you can re-apply for your Man Card.

·
Super Moderator
33,821 Posts
ggsteve, let's see the last week I've repaired my chimney, painted nearly all the windows in the house and today did a land speed record of mowing my lawn. Seems like I need to follow your plan a little more!

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ggsteve, let's see the last week I've repaired my chimney, painted nearly all the windows in the house and today did a land speed record of mowing my lawn. Seems like I need to follow your plan a little more!
Well, I spent yesterday afternoon pulling 6 stumps, then preparing and seeding a new section of lawn, but I got to use the JD 317 with Johnny Bucket and the JD 110H and my chain link drag. Even with the stumps, I can't call a two tractor day work!

·
Super Moderator
33,821 Posts
I'll trade you the stump pulling for the stripping and sanding on the windows and sills! Also chipping plaster off the chimney in the bedroom (just covered in plaster). Glad to be going back to ""work" tomorrow so I can take a break! :ROF

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Just goes to show there will always be another :fing32:

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Going to a game,playing Golf and having to go to a job every day now thats my idea of a Nghtmare.I'd rather be home building fence and wating to take off on a tractor run(LOL)

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
Steve- you mean there's more to life than tractors and working with them???

Sounds like you had a great weekend, can't complain about that.;)

·
15,000 +posts!
20,728 Posts
Maybe I'm out of place to say this--but I feel going to watch a football game (or baseball) a complete waste of money and time--with the prices they charge for seats and what you spent on gas getting to the stadium and back,you probably could have bought all 3 of those tractors,and had a nice ride going to get them--you could have taped the game on a VCR and watched them LOSE for free!..:rolleyes:

I should talk though--if I had all the cash I spent going to concerts the past 20+ years I would be a lot better off today--but then I wouldn't have been able to meet so many of the performers I enjoy,and gotten to know them so well,and experience their talents--to each his own I guess...

But a guy can only have so many tractors and other toys,before they become a burden rather than a pleasure..they create friction with the better half,and I have known a few guys who got divorced because of their fondness for classic cars,tractors,and other "toys"...though I am single and have "spoiled" myself by buying pergaps too many toys and doing just what I want,I'll say this--I'd trade most of my tractors and other stuff to have a loving wife and a home,instead of living like a 53 year old teen!...a lot of guys envy me,but I'm not as lucky as they may think really...my tractors cant cook my dinner,nurse me when I'm sick,or give me support when the chips are down..

This morning I saw a ad on CL for a 700R4 tranny and transfer case for 100 bucks in a town 10 miles away--and my 85 Suburban needs a tranny--but I am in no condition to go yank it out myself right now,because on thursday I am going to have cataract surgery and I dont want to risk getting my eyes full of dirt (plus I have to start prepping with eye drops tomorrow)...FIGURES it would pop up THIS week,doesn't it??--always has to happen that way...you just can win,it seems..:(

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll trade you the stump pulling for the stripping and sanding on the windows and sills! Also chipping plaster off the chimney in the bedroom (just covered in plaster). Glad to be going back to ""work" tomorrow so I can take a break! :ROF
I hear you. I'd rather rip my own ears off than paint, and the only thing worse than painting is prepping for painting!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hey Tractor-Holic: a VCR? Really? is it VHS or BETA?:sidelaugh

I bet you drank beer at the Pats game too, didn't ya? If you go to a Bruins game this winter while I'm blowin' snow, then we've got problems!!

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Just be glad you could do all those three things. And survive.
It's getting tough not working, at a young age, after being forced into retirement.
You're too young to remember when First National (grocery store chain) would give you Red Sox baseball tickets for $50 in grocery receipts. Parking was $10. Large bag of peanuts was $1.00, or was it $ .50 . Day programs were free outside the park.
Golf, $3 per 18 holes.

Only thing better than that is lying upside down under the tractor on a warm asphalt driveway, trying to figure out how to install a free and functioning snow blower attachement, that should fit, that is, if all the parts came with it, which they didn't.

Tomorrow, tin can redemption day.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,356 Posts
Steve- you mean there's more to life than tractors and working with them???

Sounds like you had a great weekend, can't complain about that.;)
Except when his team lost.. :sorry1:

It was a beatiful weekend in WNY though huh? You went a few miles from my house Steve.. Better luck next time!!:trink39:

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Except when his team lost.. :sorry1:

It was a beatiful weekend in WNY though huh? You went a few miles from my house Steve.. Better luck next time!!:trink39:
Not that it matters, but let me clear up some confusion. I went to the Pats home game last week, when they won! I have been to a game in Orchard Park when my son was at SUNY Buffalo. Very nice, polite folks, and you can still park for 10 bucks!

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
15,000 +posts!
20,728 Posts
Hey Tractor-Holic: a VCR? Really? is it VHS or BETA?:sidelaugh

Its a VCR--its sitting right next to my 8 track stero,beside the phonograph!.....:rolleyes:...I like old school technology!..it WORKS!..just like old tractors...:D

I bet you drank beer at the Pats game too, didn't ya? If you go to a Bruins game this winter while I'm blowin' snow, then we've got problems!!
One concert I went too ,had a food court....a hot dog was 7.50,and a dollar more if you wanted mustard or catsup!...a tiny glass of wine or beer was 9 dollars,and a burger & fries was close to 20 bucks,with NO drink!...
I cinsidered the 32 dollar concert ticket quite a bargain, after seeing what they charged for food and drinks,and was glad I brown bagged a few peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and other stuff to eat in my car on the way there!...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts