My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of ya know I have a lawn mowing business. Well, this fall here good friend/ neighbor of mine asked if I could help them thru harvest. Grass slowed down and was able to help. All the beans are done and corn should wrap up this week or first of next week. Then I have to do my final cut on all my yards then help them with tillage and maybe more.

Here are some pictures I got of the equipment and their grain transfer.

Their farmstead from across the road

First is the John Deere 9220 and J&M 875 auger wagon I been running.

Owner running the 9510 combine

The semis waiting for a load

Black truck pulling in with a load

Now the John Deere 8450 w/ the 30' Landoll disk. I been running this beast too.

Now for the grain transfer. They have 4 big bins and a dryer. They were full, so they use their machine shed to store the corn till they haul it to the elevator. They contract their grain and haul it right to the terminal for November to February delivery. They transfered 45,000 bu. to the shed this year.

First outta the bin into the DMI wagon, then it dumps into the first auger being run by the Oliver 1485.

Then dumps into the semi

Semi dumps into the second auger, run by their 4020 and into the shed.

Here is a shot of the shed and the John Deere 7230 and 5 bottom plow. Been running this sweet tractor too.

Another shot of the 4020 for the 4020 fans!!

Hope ya all enjoyed. I'll get more pics in a couple weeks as other equipment gets rollin. :trink39:

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Quite an operation they got there and some fine equipment to boot, glad you got to enjoy some seat time on those machines :fing32:.

:thanku: for the great pics !.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That's some very nice machinery and I'm sure you've had a blast running it. The pics are great and I'm looking forward to the next installment. :fing32:

·
Registered
484 Posts
I miss farming.Nice neat and tidy farm there with tons of nice gear to work with.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good memories. The last time i ran a combine was a 7700 JD 4wd. Last time on a buggy was a 800 bu Kinze hooked to a Case 91 something or other and it was 300 hp. Running 4 IH Combines(model i don't know) and 2 kinze grain buggies. One had tracks and scale. We loaded 25 hopper bottoms with beans after 1:00pm and about 6:30pm.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's real neat, I live out in the middle of farm country and often thought about asking if they needed any help, think it would be a real treat to operate that equipment.

·
Super Moderator
33,752 Posts
When I was growing up I always helped the local farmers. We all knew one another and they always took good care of me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i just wish i had enough land to have to have one of them machines. im envious! nice pics man. thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
A buddy of mine has a Kinze grain buggy i hear that will dump 2000 bushels in about a 2 minutes or less . I think that is what they say. I haven't seen the buggy myself.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Sooooo... No additional pictures??? What.. Did they make you work to much to take any??? You NEED a 7XXX series for your operation Buddy.. Seriously you do..

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A buddy of mine has a Kinze grain buggy i hear that will dump 2000 bushels in about a 2 minutes or less . I think that is what they say. I haven't seen the buggy myself.
Kinze dosen't make a wagon that big... yet. There is company that makes one that big now I think, Balzer if my memory serves me right.. The current large wagons can dump around 600 bu. per minute. Makes topping off a truck interesting I would say. :Stop:

Sooooo... No additional pictures??? What.. Did they make you work to much to take any??? You NEED a 7XXX series for your operation Buddy.. Seriously you do..
You pay for it, Ill use it!! :fing32:

Haven't really been helping them lately. Cold weather really isnt in my job description anyway.. :hide: Sounds like they are gonna be tearing down 2 sheds and building a new shop come spring, so rumor has it they may want me soon to help start moving things and tearing down. :dunno: They have been hauling grain outta the machine shed, but one truck broke down, so its a slow process now.. I will put the 2520 loader/broom to work when final couple loads are getting cleaned up. :praying:

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
You need to take a few bucket loads of corn home.. Then grind it.. makes amazing corn fritter flour.. yum yum.. Cold.. you.. ya go figure.. Well don't forget to snap some pictures when ya get a chance..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts