Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congrat's !! :congrats:

Nice find....that's the top of the line Elec-Trak from GE. Looks to be in good shape.

You also have the highly coveted chainsaw accessory !

Your deck has the side discharge conversion set up. Most are rear discharge, but either works pretty good. If you are going to be towing a sweeper, you will want to switch the deck back to rear discharge. (IMHO of course :D )

Good luck with your new find !!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mr electrak

I also have the hedge trimmer accessory as well. How available are some of the other optional accessories? Where is the best place to look for them.

I want to track down a sleeve hitch and lifter, to use some ground engaging equipment. Have you ever used any ground engaging equipment?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dave,

I use ground engaging attachments throughout the year. The E15 has plenty of guts !!

I have a box blade, and a Brinley moldboard plow.

The other plug-in accessories do show up from time to time, usually on the Elec-Trak owners club website, or on ebay.

I'll check the shed, I may have an extra sleeve hitch and a manual lift tucked away.

Steve D.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I found what you were looking for.....I sent you a PM :fing32:

·
Wheel Horse Junkie!
158 Posts
That is one sharp looking machine. Congratulations and all of the extra goodies is just an added bonus.

I just picked up a Wheel Horse E-81 to be the little brother to my E-141. The 81 needs some work done before she is operational but I am really enjoying my electric machine as well!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mr electrak

PM responded to
Thanks

THEPATRIOT and whfan74

Thanks. I always wanted one and it grows on me everytime I tinker with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Rear tire sizes

I have two GE Elec-Trak tractors. One is an E15 and the other is an E20. The rear OEM tires on the E15 are 23x9.5x12 and are taller than the E20 23x10.5x12 which seems a bit odd. To me, at the same psi, the stronger tractor should have the larger "footprint" on the ground. The same concept works for the large field tractors - very tall tractor tires have very large ground contact resulting in very good traction.

I just refinished the E20's rear rims and mounted brand new 23x10.5x12 tires and put the the assembly next to my E15 and the mounted E20 tires are a bit shorter. Keep in mind the E15 tires/wheels are on the tractor and should be squatting just a bit making them lower than if they were dismounted from the tractor.

Comments?

·
Registered
191 Posts
The OEM GE tires seemed to have been manufactured with a larger sidewall height than newer, non-OEM tires.

I have a set of non-OEM 10.50's on my E-15 that have a much wider footprint, and shorter sidewall height, than a set of GE OEM 10.50's.

The sidewall height on the OEM 9.50's and 10.50's look to be about the same, to me.

·
makin noise!
350 Posts
whats a fair price for one these? there is an E20 on my local CL with mower, blower, tiller and snow plow, plus a E15 for parts and extra deck. nice looking rig, asking $2600 witch is too much for me to bite on, but got me thinking it would be knid of cool.

is the 20 for 20hp?

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the links, I recently picked up a E 20 with the snow blower attachment. Just curious as to what they are worth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts