My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my JD317 with loader to upgrade to a larger tractor. I kind of had my heart set on a JD X55 series but they seem to have all been sold by the time I got some money.
I have a chance to get a 2009 GC2400 with under 400 hours. It is in great shape and a one owner machine. I don’t know anything about them. Are they good tractors? Any known issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Professional Homeowner
7,469 Posts
Good machine with no issues I know about. It’ll serve you well if you take care of it. Look it over close when you see it. Check if mower deck is noisy indicating low cost bearing replacement. Make sure all knobs and linkages are free. Make sure loader bushings aren’t all sloppy. Tire condition, battery age, fluid levels and cleanliness, make sure engine oil doesn’t smell like diesel, and all other stuff you’d look at when purchasing any used tractor. Ask LOTS of questions. See if they can PROVE maintenance history (documentation, receipts, etc).
Good luck.

·
21,842 Posts
At 400 hours, it should have all of the glitches taken care of and be good for many, many more hours.

I have an '06 GC2310 with1100 hours on the clock. Most of the issues that I've had since the 400 hour mark were my own fault. It has been fun to use and I'm satisfied with it and wouldn't hesitate to get another, if the need arose. (Not likely at age 73!)

·
Registered
269 Posts
They are good machines! I dont think you'll be at all disappointed. 400 hours is young for a diesel motor so she's got tons of life left in her. I have a newer model based on the same platform (GC1710) and it's done everything I've asked and so much more than I expected.

As said above, ask questions and look close and you'll be fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I’m going to go see it this weekend. It sounds like they are solid machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts