My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GC2300 Issues ,The instrument panel has a light for the glow plug heating, but it doesn't light when I turn the switch to heat, but the light does light up when I switch it to the start side .
I used battery check voltage and when turn key to GLOW plug, battery test will showing about (little less than 10v on glow plug.)
why when turn KEY to glow plug, light on display dont turn ON?
I dont know if that will still warmer the plugs or not as now is 87 Degree and tractor start working ok, just need to know way to fix before winter.
Any Idea let me know, to fix light working again on display?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,570 Posts
I have a 1723 and I can hear the fuel pump when I switch to "on" ...but I have to hold the key against the spring return for a few seconds to activate the glow plugs...I think that is what you are describing, and is normal...if you want...let me know and I can do a video of it for you...but it sounds like it is ok

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1723 and I can hear the fuel pump when I switch to "on" ...but I have to hold the key against the spring return for a few seconds to activate the glow plugs...I think that is what you are describing, and is normal...if you want...let me know and I can do a video of it for you...but it sounds like it is ok
Thanks, but thats not what i ask.
When turn key to LEFT usual the glow plug light coming on, BUT NOW when turn key to left the glow light still OFF,
And even before if we still hold the key to left for glow plug, after 20 or 30 seconds we ear like click, BUT now nothing even if still have the key to left.....
probably will be relay, but i dont have idea ( i posted separated post) where the GLOW PLUG RELAY is located.
if you know answers i will apreciate.
thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
Thanks, but thats not what i ask.
When turn key to LEFT usual the glow plug light coming on, BUT NOW when turn key to left the glow light still OFF,
And even before if we still hold the key to left for glow plug, after 20 or 30 seconds we ear like click, BUT now nothing even if still have the key to left.....
probably will be relay, but i dont have idea ( i posted separated post) where the GLOW PLUG RELAY is located.
if you know answers i will apreciate.
thanks

I know this won't answer your question either but if you want a dependable Glow Plug controller just get a momentary pushbutton switch. Push it for a 10 to 15 count release and start.

I just did this on my Kubota and never fails to work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, but who I do that?
And as before after some seconds you ear relay do like click, but now don't do any click... Or noise..
Will that relay is only for glow plugs? Or will aftect other things if not replaced.?
As I don't know what, or where are the relay located...
Thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ok, but who I do that?
And as before after some seconds you ear relay do like click, but now don't do any click... Or noise..
Will that relay is only for glow plugs? Or will aftect other things if not replaced.?
As I don't know what, or where are the relay located...
Thanks
I ran a 12ga wire from the positive terminal on the battery to the glow plugs on the engine. This is what I used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Series:GC2300
Engine Detail
Iseki
diesel
3-cylinder
liquid-cooled
Displacement:68.5 ci
1.1 L
Bore/Stroke:3.08x3.07 inches
78 x 78 mm
Power:22.5 hp
16.8 kW
Rated RPM:2600
Starter volts:12

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Don't try to rig this.. There is no controller. The key switch has a heat function just before the start, but without it's own detent. That function part of the switch works just like a push button bypass. If that isn't working, replace the switch. I have a 1715 which is the same tractor just newer

·
Professional Homeowner
8,042 Posts
I had a 2007 GC2300. If it had a glow plug indicator light on the dash I never saw it working but I knew they worked. If I didn’t use them, it wouldn’t start when temperatures fell. When turning & holding the key to the left, that triggered the glow plugs for however long I held it. No timer, No sound, no light. Turning the key to RUN position triggered the fuel pump. After turning key to OFF after running or just having the key on and turning it off, I’d hear a CLICK about 5-10 seconds later. This is the fuel shutoff solenoid retuning to its normal position. The fuel shutoff solenoid turns off the fuel, stopping the engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is 2005.
But if turn key to left to glow plug, before the dashboard light get on(battery and next one) and if still hold on glow position for about 20 or 30 seconds, after that normal you ear click-that's when relay know is worm and turn off.
I just check in agco books and the showing Relay and code but that's 85.00, the problem thats i dont know what Relay is.... As on gc2300 tractor I find at least Relays....
_(4on left side-that's for headlights-turn-and back red lights)
-on left side down the dash have another 1.
-1-right side down after fuses box
-1 under starter

Thats why I know the right relay order nmodel number, But don't know the location...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts