My Tractor Forum banner

GB 1000 Grass Bagging Kit, How To Mount On A H4514???

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  H4514 
#1 ·
Hello Again,
I picked up a 2013 tractor today that has a GB1000 Bagger Kit.
I researched it and found that it will fit onto my H4514 Tractor, which is why I bought the 2013.
I downloaded the manual from Honda, and all the parts are the same between the two units, except 4 bolts.
Now the fun begins......
I will have to drill one hole into my H4514 to attach the left side strut, no big deal, that's the easy part.
The bag supports do not line up with the struts!
The right one lines up perfect, and the assembly is centered on the tractor, but the left side is about 3 1/2" away!
Am I missing something here?
Are the Honda directions misprinted?
Do I need different supports?
Thanks for any help!
John

#2 ·
I have the GB1000 bagger mounted on my H4514H. The left and right upright supports just bolt on each side using 2 bolts each. I don't see a need to drill a hole, so maybe I am missing something in your problem. Both the left and right side upright are angled to the left when standing behind the tractor. The uprights mount with the flat plate toward the outside next to the tires. Is it possible the uprights on your tractor have the tube mounted closest to the tires?

A picture would sure help.

#3 ·
Dave,
Thank You for your help thus far,
Here are a few photos:
In the first photo you can see where I have to drill a hole, maybe my frame didn't get a hole put in it?
Neither of the H4514's I have, have a hole for that left upper support.

Thanks,
John

#4 · (Edited)
I should have looked more closely at what bagger I have. It is a GB4038 not a GB1000. That might explain the differences in the uprights. The Honda part numbers for the GB4038: left upright, 82160-758-S00 and the right, 82150-758-S00.

Here are a couple of pictures:

I would use the GB1000 parts by cutting off the short down post on the left and welding it in the correct position.

#7 ·
I was figuring on cutting the welds and spinning the pipe, then welding it in place again. I would have to do the same thing to the right pipe as well.
Dave,
What is the center to center (approximately) distance between the two tubes where the Bagger frame slides in?
John,
Sent you a PM.
Thanks everyone.
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.