My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a job prepping a yard for new grass so I got to I rip up 1/2 acre today on the old 400 and the 35 tiller. It was a little wetter than I wished but another storm is coming in tonight so it was today or delay.

I forgot to take before pics and remembered 1/2 way through the first pass

After 3 passes with the tiller. Owner was just starting to roll it.It did a decent job considering the tiller is designed for field crops.

All this took me about 5 hrs. Biggest job I've done with it to date.

·
Super Moderator
33,643 Posts
That is some serios tilling there Homeboy! I'll bet the homeowner was happy to have it done!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was thrilled. I said that he tried it with a walk behind tiller and it was just too big of a job.

I tried to talk him into planting corn but the grass won out.

:greendr:

·
Super Moderator
33,643 Posts
When I was a kid my parents had a large garden and I had to use a walk behind sears tiller each year to get it ready. Then when retired from the Army the house came with a 110 and it had a tiller, wow sitting on the tractor is much easier!!! :ROF

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
When I was a kid my parents had a large garden and I had to use a walk behind sears tiller each year to get it ready. Then when retired from the Army the house came with a 110 and it had a tiller, wow sitting on the tractor is much easier!!! :ROF
Don't I Know it I till 3 acres twice a Year of My own Property Plus a Extra 4 acres for different neighbors I could Not see Using a Troy-Bilt Horse for that or my 5hp Front tine:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On top of just tilled he wanted it smooth too so I made 3 passes to knock down humps and fill in ruts and try to break up the clumps. It was a little wet from all the rain last week but the sun dried it out good enough. Plus, I had obstacles on every side and numerous roots in the middle. The 400 will rip a 3" root right out of the ground.

·
Super Moderator
33,643 Posts
The 110 did ok but roots would stop it pretty quick! I'd put it in low creeper and then drink a beer while it did a row or two; hard, hard work it was!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks like you did a nice job on it. slkpk

·
Registered
865 Posts
awesome! i need to do this to my front yard next year. turned out great. did you plant seed yet?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I won't be planting the seed. Hopefully it went down last night before the rain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts