My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I am going to be installing a gauge package on the 345. I ordered it today and should be here Monday.

Been wondering what my RPMs are after messing with the carb.

Below you can see what it looks like and the optional coolant sensor that goes in my hose that comes down from radiator.

So I am going to end up with:

Speedometer with current and maximum speed

Tachometer with bar graph and digital numbers

Ambient Temperature and Engine Temperature. Has two color indicators to indicate warm and dangerous hot that you can program.

Distance Odometer. Permanent and "Trip"

Clock with permanent hour meter, Stop watch and "ride time"

Just thought it would be nice to have RPMs and TEMPs. The clock and speedo (woo hoo) and a few other functions are just bonus stuff. Not sure but I think I can add another sensor for the hydro temp.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Well now you've done it:fing32: You've gone from a 345 to a Super X 345 and now into the Super Duper Zone:trink40: Looking forward to the pics of the process. slkpk

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
sounds like a cool upgrade! cant wait for pics

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
This unit is programable for single and twin cylinder engines? What's the MFG's web site if you happen to have it.

Very cool!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Which kit did you go with? The Vapor Kit: 75-2016 for Kawasaki UTV?

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
**** shame they don't make one for a Diesel!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Did you get the gauge package?

·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I did. Been busy out at our acreage running about 450' of tile so havent had time to work on it.

I did build a mount for it and got it painted and hooked up and tested everything but MPH. The tach, coolant temp and everything else is working.

Hope to get time to finish it next week. Just needs a hole drilled to run the wires and the speed sensor mounted on rear axle.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Just needs a hole drilled to run the wires and the speed sensor mounted on rear axle.
Very Nice :fing32:

Just curious, how the system work for the speed sensor?

Is it some kind of Hall-effect pick up coil?

·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very Nice :fing32:

Just curious, how the system work for the speed sensor?

Is it some kind of Hall-effect pick up coil?
Stud mounted magnet (others available) that will go on the rear hub. I will make a bracket to mount the sensor so its in close proximity to the magnet.

Not sure it its hall or not. Hall really doesnt need a magent but supposed it could use on.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Stud mounted magnet (others available) that will go on the rear hub. I will make a bracket to mount the sensor so its in close proximity to the magnet.

Not sure it its hall or not. Hall really doesnt need a magent but supposed it could use on.
That what I thought :thanku:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts