My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as the UPS man comes this afternoon I get to put the gators on my X340 and Dads GT235. So double the fun getting to try them out on 2 different Deeres in one day :trink39: I just hope dad isn't disappointed with his on the 13 year old 18hp Briggs turning that 54 inch deck. I know the gators are bigger and heavier but hopefully his engine will spin them just fine. I think with mine I will plow through some foot tall grass in the hay field and see how they do :thThumbsU

Will report back tonight with a little review....

·
Got Grass?
1,292 Posts
How long has your dad had a 54 on his gt235? I just put one on mine this spring and am contemplating going back to the 48, I just dont know if the 235 has enough power to adequately run that big 54C.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Joe....my dad bought it brand new in 1999 with the 54C on it. Been running it great ever since. Now it won't mow grass up to your waist but for adverage mowing it has done just fine. I dunno how many hours is on it now but I'm sure it's well above 1,000. Been mowing a 3 acre yard with it since 99. Runs the 54 like a champ.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the Gators on last night finally. Mine was a real bugger to get one of the blades off so I didn't get a chance to put dads in his GT235 yet. Will go back this weekend and help him finish his up.

Anyway the gators done great! I couldn't tell any difference in power running those huge blades. I just hope I don't notice more fuel consumption due to the extra weight. But I mowed some average length grass and they cut great and discharged very fine clippings. They do seem to discharge the clippings further and with alot more force than the originals which I like.

Then I plowed through the hay field where grass was a good foot tall or more. The 25hp Kawasaki and the Gators chopped it down like it was nothing. So I'm very pleased with them so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts