My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried the search thingy with no luck so I'm going to ask the question again, and I know this question has probably been asked and answered a gazillion times, so please forgive me.
Where can I buy these gator blades? I was told the center hole is not the same size as the blades that come on my BX2230. that you need a bushing for it to get it to work. How's that work out? I ask for them at my dealer and he said they weren't any good. His blades were $100.00, my tractor is a 2005 model and the first set I bought were $45.00, now that's a big jump in 8 years.
Also does anybody use another brand or kind of oil filter for their tractors or do you all still buy the Kubota brand $12.50.
Ok, now you all can yell at me for asking this question a gaxillion and one times.
See ya
Mark

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Can't help on the Gators other then saying they work awesome on my Wheel Horse, as for filters I use WIX on most of my equipment and diesel truck. When I had commercial trucks all I used was WIX.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for answering my problem guys. I have a BX2230 with a 60 inch MMM. I hope someone on this board has changed to the gator blades and tell me what part number of the blade and how big a bushing I have to get to go with it.
Thanks again
Capp

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just changed mine over to Gators (Kubota 2360 with 60MMM) OR-96-612. Have only used them two times but so far I really like them better than the factory Kubota blades. They are chopping the grass up more than the Kubota blades did and the wheel tracks are being cut better. Time will tell how these workout.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OR-96-612 that's what I'm talking about!! thanks guys that's wonderful. I'll order them today.
What about the center hole is it the same or do yo have to use the Cat 1 for a bushing? If you have to use the bushing, how safe is it, and will there be any vibration?
Thanks for all the help
Capp

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
No bushing needed, they show a 7/8" center hole.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey your right about the 7/8's hole, and I'm glad, I was a little leery of the bushing.
I talked to the sales man at oregon today. He said that the correct part number had changed it's now 396-612 for these blades. Also said they were the G6 heavy duty type. I bought a set for just a little over $50.00 and postage was $9.00. That's a good buy, my dealer charges $96.00 for the OEM blades. I hope the gators are as good as everyone talks about. I will have to be my own judge about that in a few days.
Thanks everybody for all the help.
Capp/Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got done servicing my BX2230, changed everything. I also got my Gator blades today, it only took two days to get here. I like that, will order from there again.
It was to late to see what they would do to my grass, so I'll get after it tomorrow when it gets dry enough to mow.
:thanku:
I appreciate all the help, I hope I can repay the favor.
Mark

·
Registered
328 Posts
I also just installed a set of these blades on my BX2230D with the 60" MMM. I will be mowing with them for the first time tonight... Hope they cut better while turning than the OEM blades do... :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
They do a lot better when everything is dry. I used my regular high lift blades in the spring when it's wet. I usually only install mine when the leaves start to fall then take them off in the spring.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well my review of the G6 Gator Blades on my Bx2230D is this:

Mulching Effect: I don't think they do any better at mulching the grass than the OEM blades...

Grass Lifting: MUCH better than the OEM blades! No more tire tracks with uncut grass. :fing32:

Cutting: Since I had recently sharpened my OEM blades the Gators were just as good. :fing32:

Cutting while turning sharply: MUCH better! Again, the Hi-lift blades stand the grass up so much better. :fing32:

Noise: I did not hear any difference in blade noise. Also no loss of power as some have noticed. I ran the BX at full power and mowed in lo-range as I always do due to a rough yard. :fing32:

The final verdict was given by the wife. She commented the yard had never looked so evenly cut. I had not even told her I put new blades on! :thThumbsU

So overall I am happy with the purchase of these blades.

·
orange fan
130 Posts
I would like to piggy back on this subject and ask the part number for the 54 inch mmm . I have been mowing with the original blade and feel like it is time to replace them. I have been also using the grass catcher and would like to try mulching blades. Also would I need to purchase baffles? Thank you

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
It appears to be 396-796 for a MMM, but there are a couple variations of the 54" deck. That blade has a 1 1/8" center hole and a 1/2" drop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts