My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this was inside a tank that been sitting for 2 years i used gas it was mixed gas (only thing i had) normally i like to use diesel, i placed a chain inside the tank then plug sediment bowl hole then swirl chain around repeat till chunks stop coming out then flush till cleaning solvent comes out looking like what it did when you started

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
That should do it, I have read of folk using gravel and strapping the tank to a wheel of a tractor and letting it spin for a while. The wheel jacked up off the ground of course. No matter what you use as long as it gets the rust and junk out.:fing32:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should do it, I have read of folk using gravel and strapping the tank to a wheel of a tractor and letting it spin for a while. The wheel jacked up off the ground of course. No matter what you use as long as it gets the rust and junk out.:fing32:
yep just a helpful tip that i find easy to get rid of rust old tanks will always have rust, with winter coming i always put in a stabilizer in the gas to help keep moisture out and fuel fresh

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
yep just a helpful tip that i find easy to get rid of rust old tanks will always have rust, with winter coming i always put in a stabilizer in the gas to help keep moisture out and fuel fresh
I put stabilizer and MMO in my all my fuel cans summer or winter so that when I fill any power equipment or tractor I do not have to try to remember if I treated them or not. Don't know if it helps that much but peace of mind that I am doing what I can does a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts