My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Landscaper
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished doing the lawns and weeding etc, all the recent rain and warm weather over here really seems to have brought everything into full colour. Any other colourfull contendors out there?...

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Sorry, Pristine. Mine will not compete with yours! My hat is off to you. Great garden.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Aren't they calling it "global warming"? :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pristine, That's just beautiful!

·
Registered
616 Posts
You Englanders always seem to have great gardens :fing32:

·
Landscaper
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah the plants do tend to love it over here....though i've just woken up on a 'summers morning' with 16 hours worth of lawn care to do...and it's all rainy and over cast :( so great weather for gardens...rubbish for gardeners!!! lol

Soon as global warming makes it over here let me know, be able to pop a couple of palms and bannana trees in :D lol

Thanks for the comments, is mostly my mums hard work getting all that set up, it's only in the last couple of years since i've had all my fancy garden equiptment that i've been doing most of the maintenance for her. (never had the lawn looking so green before though, even if i do say so myself lol)

Dave

·
an effin canadian
549 Posts
we've had so much rain around here, if we get a few days of sun, I'll take some pics, but the daylillies are opening, the hostas are opening, and my rose bushes are doing incredible things. on the other hand, the apples are rusting, and the strawberries blueberries, raspberries and blackberries might not be big producers for us this year. stupid rain

·
Registered
292 Posts
that looks great especially compared to mine . mine looks like someone turned 4 drunk hillbillys loose with power equipment and 4wd trucks lots of weeds bare spots dog poop trees and a little grass though its starting to look better because it now has a little grass before was just weeds dog poop and trees lol

·
Eccentric Englishman
796 Posts
Funny what difference a few miles make. Its all dry and crispy here in the south.
Lots of rain today though.

BTW, very professional website.

·
Landscaper
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah dull overcast and rainy weather doesn't tend to favour fruiting shrubs, I find they tend to put a shed load of green leafy growth on, and after spending all that energy, fruits arn't that special.

Nope, not had a dry spell in the Birmingham area for quite a while now...a dry afternoon maybe, but no spell!!

NSBolens....you tried treating your apple trees with fungicide?

Dave

·
an effin canadian
549 Posts
no, never used fungicide. rainy summers our apples just have spots on them. taste fine, just have that 'organic' look. we've got Red Astercan, and Cortland apples

·
Landscaper
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it's cedar apple rust, then it could be doing harm to the health of your apple tree (though if the same fungus is growing on cedar trees it doesn't harm them atall). A mancozeb fungicide would effectivly treat that type of fungus. This type of fungicide has a v.low toxicity level and breaks down naturally in the soil and groundwater systems, so pretty safe to use.

Looking good cottonhawk, it's like spring all over again :)

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
PG and Cotton, those are beautiful gardens/flowers! Closest thing to that around here might be the Augusta National (as in golf course)! For me, I'm just trying to do some basic long overdue landscaping around my place.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Our flower garden is blooming everywhere!
I took few pics this evening.
Here is a patch of pretty ones in the flower bed next to the lawn........

·
Landscaper
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not got any pics of me and my Lawnflite 604 at work at the mo., but managed to dig one out or me giving the hedges a quick clip last summer. Enjoy :)

ooo...and by where the blower is (bottom right), all shrubs have been taken out to where the mahonia is (spikey one at the front of that section, comes out with bright yellow flowers in spting) and now got all cotsworld stone laid and the slabs re-laid on propper base as im now using it as a pull-in for my 4x4. Looks much tidier, and less to maintain:thThumbsU

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts