My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Man w/skills
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First up: some tiller pics

Laying out rows etc:

And, since it's been a week since I did the tilling I decided after getting the rows laid out and some of them planted that it was time to cultivate and keeps the little weed shoots down to a bare minimum:

·
Man w/skills
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
ur really making me want to get my tiller going lol

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Nice! I cultivate and cultivate til the plants get too big. Are the ropes just to keep the rows straight?

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
who makes ur ag tires they look like goodyears to me lol

·
Man w/skills
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, that's baler twine.
So far we have:
potatoes
onions
zucs
peas
corn
canellini beans
eggplant
napa cabbages

Still have several things to plant, hopefully tomorrow.

·
Man w/skills
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Umm....I think they're Carlisle. I'll have to look tomorrow.
the carlisle's have very similer tread pattern. my boss has a set and they are almost exactly like my goodyears

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
They look just like my TSC Hi-Run's. Probably the same, different name. I have sweet and field corn, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic, potatoes, peanuts, peppers, butter beans, zipper cream peas, watermelon, cantaloupe, and okra. What else are you planting?

·
Registered
614 Posts
The green TeePee's are wall of waters, I think is the name for them. They allow you to plant frost sensitive plants before the last frost date. Helps get a start on the season, which is nice in northern latitudes.

BTW, great looking garden!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Looks like you laid the garden out with a transit! Something a Civil Engineer would do! Looks like a great garden. May you be blessed with rain, a lack of weeds and a plethora of veggies!

Did you add the flexible flaps to the back edges of the tine guard? I like the idea to keep the dirt and rocks from flying up. I was thinking of making mine out of tin so it would also help smooth out the soil. That is the way the tiller is on my Bolens.

Looks like I need to get back to upgrading my tiller to compete in looks and functionality with yours!

·
Man w/skills
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are Wall-o-waters (made right here in my hometown!). The tires are indeed Carlisle.
The flaps on the back are just some chunks of old car floormats, and they work pretty good. Thinking of adding something to the sides as well.

So far planted:
potatoes
onion
spaghetti squash
kobucha squash
zuchini
cucumbers
spinach
lettuce
sweet corn
sweet peas
sugar snap peas
beans
parsnips

Still to plant:
carrots
radishes
whatever else we decide after all that is in and we see what we have for room.

As for the transit, nope. Just used the backhoe to haul about 15 yds of old manure over and spread it around the garden.

We are going to try some drip tape for watering this year and see how it goes.

·
Registered
716 Posts
looks fantastic, you must have put some time in the planning :fing32:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts