My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I need TP...
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this cool chipper at the scrap yard and couldn't stop thinking about for a month so finally took it home. The engine was locked up and I didn't wanna buy it, figuring I could could come back in the next day or two and get the mounting plate which was trapped by a pulley. But wouldn't you know it the next day they decided it was time to shred everything to make room for new stuff! Fortunately I did get a few pictures and the size of the pulley 4"x1" so at least I have that critical information. Because I can find nothing of any real use for this thing on the internet!

I should be able to make a new mounting plate I know a place that can laser cut out and bend some metal for me cheap, only information I am missing is exactly where the pulley sits? Do you think its critical or do I have a lot of leeway in the placement? Like do I need to get it within 1" of its original spot or 1/16"? I have no idea! It goes somewhere in this corner!

The good news is I did find a nice working Tecumseh 8.0 engine at the same scrap yard so I got that going for me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
If you want to re-use the existing belt, you likely have get it pretty close to the original spot, how close depends on the range of adjustment that the idler has.

If you don't mind switching belts, then just locating the engine so the pulley doesn't hit the top, sides, or idler will work, then some 3/8" or so rope will give you a good starting point for the length of belt to get.

·
I need TP...
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were in business, boys! I did make the top flange too shirt but it should still work! Like the bolts will be RIGHT on the edge of it but with some washers I should be ok? I made the bottom longer to better accomodate the replacement engine, original wasn't that long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts