My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you use your GT? What kind of tasks do you use it for? Pictures would be great!

·
Still plays with tractors
2,284 Posts
My tractors are used literally almost every day. I mow, plow and disk garden, plow snow, skid firewood, just about anything you can think of.
Here I am moving a wall that will be re-attached to my lean to after moving the shed.

Sometimes I have to haul water in when the well runs low. Here I'm using my GT to load the empty tank into the back of the truck to go get some water.

·
an effin canadian
549 Posts
Mainly i use mine in the winter....often!! lawn is too small for a rider. I have a 42" mtd plow that's been re/re to fit, and a 42" snowcaster that works like a champ.

in the summer it sometimes gets a chore, either moving a trailer around the yard, or dragging a tree out of the woods etc.

·
CubCadetAC
930 Posts
I use my Cub Cadet 100 all year round. It pulls my aerator, cart, lawn sweeper and my broadcast spreader. Here's some pics!

IMG]http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr237/CubCadet100/100_0283Small.jpg[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
16,368 Posts
I till about 10 acres a year 3acres of my own place twice a year and other friends and families garden's. Mow 2.5 acres twice a week on Sundays with the Deere X485 and Wednesday with the Cub Cadet 106. I also plow my 3acre garden with my 140H3 or 106 before I till. I use the 140H3 to cultivate the garden atleast once a week until the crops are to tall. I use the loader on the X485 for project 's in the warmer months. The X485 Cub 106 and the White GT2055 are the winter duty tractors. I use the X485 to plow snow and the 106 with snow blower for walkways where the X485 is to big to get thru. I use the White with kwik-way loader to move the snow banks I build up from plowing. Most of my other tractor in my signature are restores or occasional use tractors. Mostly my Ingersoll and White spend most of the year at my older brothers place april thur october for his projects and his lawn. which I take care of anyways. So I'm on my tractors atleast 4 days a week. Twice a year during summer I go out to 15 acres I own out in Western,IL to cut the grass on 5 acres of it with the White GT2055 the rest is still under the plow.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I use mine 3 to 4 times a week for anything I can find to do with it.

·
MTF Member
425 Posts
We use our 3204 as often as we can invent a need for it all year round, the latest project was backfilling our new tie wall in lifts.

And the 45" snow blower is used every year for the winter months.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,284 Posts
Great Pics!!!
I agree. I have a new respect for some of these newer machines. I love to see people's eyes open wide when you do something with these tractors that you shouldn't be able to do. As my daughter would say, "that was fun, let's do it again!":bannana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts