My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have decided to start from scratch with a front scoop build for my Husqvarna GTH26k54. I am going to have an electric lift and dump.

I think one improvement I can see off the bat is to make the bucket taller than either the JB JR or the Sears Scoop. I am planning on welding the scoop out of 10 gauge sheet metal.

Should I just weld teeth on the bucket directly or are there cases where I want the smooth front edge? I am only going to use this for moving dirt and mulch, no snow removal.

Chris

·
Registered
224 Posts
The only time I can see needing to remove the toothbar is when you want to smoothify an area. For example, I helped my neighbor move a pile a loam. Then I used the bucket to knock down the piles and spread it around. Smoothing it out helps to make the high and low point easier to see.

Having written that, I was able to use the back edge (corner) of the bucket as the smoothing edge.

Making the bucket taller/deeper isn't a bad idea. Just keep in mind you'll want to see over the top of it. Sometimes you need to know exactly where the leading edge of the bucket is hitting the pile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts