My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to clean off the tiller after it's first use since I rebuilt it. Tractor was running & pto was off, but the belts to the pto were grabbing just enough for the tines to be turning, slower than paint dries. I figured this will make it easier to hose off everything underneath, just need to keep the hose away. Finished one side, walked to the other side, gave the hose a quick jerk, it was all over at that point. Nothing serious, lost 2' of hose, just kind of funny. At least I can laugh and call myself stupid.

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That hose just wanted a closer look at that fine machine, that's all. :fing32:

Glad there weren't any injuries and the damage wasn't large. It could, and has happened to many of us more times than we care to admit.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I hadn't grabbed the hose first to stop it from winding in more the tines might not have cut the hose.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I had one of those green snakes attack my mower deck. I ran hose down to garden from rain barrel at the garage in the spring. Grass grow over it and I drove over it every week. Then one week it attacked. 100 feet of hose wrapped around the new high lift blades I installed that week. Oops!

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
It's happened to all of us I didn't take any pics the other afternoon you know I have used the sweeper over the cord for the electric fence a hundred times and never had a problem. Yea that sweeper sucked up 20 feet of cord before I got it stopped lol:00000060:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Somehow, I also know an extension cord makes a loud "pop" and a pretty blue flash when it's run over by an electric tiller.

·
LTX 1046 KW
15 Posts
I usually encounter the snake with the snowblower on the patio early each winter - always the 75 or 100 ft one and always right in the middle, never near the ends.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I got too close to the 1.5" drain hose for the sump pump pit with the Gator blades on the mower. Sucked 50' of hose under the deck in a second and stopped everything dead. Skeert the stuffing right outta me.

·
close enuff works for me
3,150 Posts
My snowblower does the same thing ,,,,,cutting the hose out ,in 70 degree temps has to be better than at 20 degrees,and snow....

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
i have only one water tap for the garden, so hoses run all over the place. when mowing with the factory blades drive over hoses OK no problem. put on Gator blades...i think i need no go farther:sidelaugh

OOOOPS!

i plant my fruit trees in "gopher baskets" to keep the gophers out of the roots of the trees while they are still saplings. its a steel wire mesh to protect the roots.

last years extensive heat and mummifying drought kilt a few trees...they got mowed.

well i put in a new garden and bet you cant guess what the tiller found:)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was cleaning fish one day when a old trusted friend stopped by, after all the fish were cleaned I was hauling the remains out back. He stopped me and said I should put them in my garden and cover them up, so I did. The next spring I fired up the tiller, started eating dirt, after about half way thru I noticed the tilled ground looked funny.
I stopped the tiller and took a look at the blades, what I found was half the fish carases wound up around the tines and main shaft, still stinking by the way. It took me 2 hours to get all that nasty mess cut out, and to make my day even better it was warm enough to wake up the flies and hornets, so if the nasty smell wasn't bad enough fighting the flies and hornets made it even better.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
Awesome:hide:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Better than the bed springs my grandpa used to drag his garden with to sow peas. I don't know how many of those bloody things are left or his reasoning of leaving them where he did but every time I try to clean up a new spot on his old property I find one with the brush hog. Not fun at all.

I'll take finding one of his overgrown piles of nylon hay twine over that any day of the week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts