My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got Grass?
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have part numbers for G5 blades for 54c decks and G5 blades for the 48 MC decks?

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try this.

John Deere Predator Mulching Blades

Part number B1PD1054

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I wanted the G5 for my dads GT235 with a 54c deck and couldn't find them. I gave up and bought the G6 for it. Put them on yesterday and they worked great! I was afraid they would be too heavy for the 18hp Briggs pulling the big deck but IMO it seemed to plow through thick tall grass better than it did with originals. Glad I got the g6s for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the blades put on yesterday when I bought my tractor. I'm not sure which series they were. I just told them I wanted them and they put em on.

·
Got Grass?
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JR, I took the 54C off my GT235 this afternoon and put it under the GX255. I actually put an older 48"MC deck back under the GT235. If the G5 blades have higher lift than some of the other gator blades I'd really be interested in trying a set. The gators I have now are back to streak a bit sometimes especially where the tires have run over the grass and the deck vacuum doesn't lift the grass back up enough to cut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts