My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Missing Goonie
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the G338K snow thrower for a 318 driven by the PTO via a belt? Are the hydraulics used at all for anything? Would anyone know the part number for the bracket that mounts the snow thrower to the front of the 318?

I found one for $200, but its mount was modified to fit another model. I don't know if that is a decent price or not.

·
Super Moderator
35,835 Posts
Brubakes, not seeing that code anywhere on the compatibility list for a 300 series or 120, 140!

·
Super Moderator
35,835 Posts
Brubakes, glad to help! I didn't realize that they'd built a 38 inch blower for the earlier models. That has the same design as the 37A I had for my 212 although the pulleys are located differently! They adjust chain tension much better than the earlier models for the 100 series!

·
Super Moderator
35,835 Posts
No, the pulleys are not mounted correctly for a 300 series! Your front pulley on the 318 is mounted on the front of the engine therefore any attachment using it must have a pulley directly below the PTO facing the same way. If you look on these you will see that the pulleys are mounted to come off the right side of the engine (110's, and 200 sereis).

·
Registered
118 Posts
The blower in the picture looks like the style that fit the 111/116/112L tractors. I've got one just like it for my 111.

·
Super Moderator
35,835 Posts
Yes, it runs off the front PTO just like the mower deck except no mule drive necessary to change the belt direction. There is a single hydraulic cylinder on it to raise and lower.

·
10,839 Posts
Notice the two different styles pictured. Both for the 318, but the short spout is the earlier model, replaced by the longer spout.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts