My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the G3200 running lately and ran into the same problem that others have had. The clutch wants to grab. It's not as bad in reverse but in the forward gears it will just about pull your hands off of the steering wheel. With the tunnel cover off I was able to see that the trans-axle was rolling back as the clutch was released. This in effect was releasing the clutch for you. Upon the removal of the rear tires I found that 2 of the frame to differential bolts were missing on each side and the trans axle was able to rock back and forth. I replaced the missing bolts and tightened all 8 bolts with an impact gun. Now the clutch functions smoothly. If your having this problem with your clutch, it might not be very expensive to remedy.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those eight bolts need to be very tight to keep the trans-axle from moving under load. To go from disengaged to engaged takes very little movement of the linkage at the clutch housing.
Hope it works for you.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G3200 and G4200 clutch fix with photos

If your clutch tends to grab than this may be the cure. There are 8 bolts that fasten the transaxle to the frame. Four on each side. See the photos below. If these bolts are not really tight or some are missing your clutch is going to grab. The reason is that as you start letting out the clutch and it takes hold the transaxle can rotate and this allows the clutch to engage. On mine two bolts were missing on each side and the other four were just snug. As soon as I replaced the missing bolts and cinched them all down good the clutch worked as it should. It doesn't take much movement of the transaxle to cause this problem.
Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts