My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Hmm, no but I will. I figured either at the end of the season or once I got the 816 running I would pull the carb and check it over again. Have to get the sticky float fixed anyway.

Oh and hey, regarding the original poster's question, what say we put together a FAQ on the differences between the series and asked the mods to sticky it?

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
If one of you put it together, I will make it a sticky. :fing32:

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I'd be willing to review. The PDF link from your referenced thread, I had not seen before and it is pretty good. I still have yet to find a definitive serial number chart for the riders like I've seen over on stevenchalmers for the 2-wheelers. Wonder if such a thing exists or is the engine manufacturer maybe a better source in general as far as pinning down a year.

We should take a stab at answering the poster's question though I think. Maybe he can be a little more specific as to what he's after...shopping for a first machine, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
I'd be willing to review. The PDF link from your referenced thread, I had not seen before and it is pretty good. I still have yet to find a definitive serial number chart for the riders like I've seen over on stevenchalmers for the 2-wheelers. Wonder if such a thing exists or is the engine manufacturer maybe a better source in general as far as pinning down a year.

We should take a stab at answering the poster's question though I think. Maybe he can be a little more specific as to what he's after...shopping for a first machine, etc.
I have access to the CSUs from 87-88 to 95-96. Gravely never did produce the lists for the 4-wheeler serial numbers ofter than what you see in the 88-89 CSU. To make matters worse, from 1982 to 1992 Ariens/Gravely used two sets of model numbers. The crossover sheets for them totals over 1500 PDF pages. And it isn't even complete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts