My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Gravely1964
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Mine just made horrible high pitch squeal noise. Like a metal on metal kinda sound. Mainly at idle though. Ran fine otherwise. Should have picked up on that. Only clue was when it went back together on the first start the intake gasket on the right cylinder was outa place and no squeal. Also no power. Put gasket back in place power but squealed. Played around abit, when pulling either plug wire off squeal disappeared. Somehow had hand on carb and noise changed. Ah you've got to be kidding me moment. Tightened carb bolts no change hit with pb spray and instant quiet. And thought of all this work, tractor sitting since 2015 basically you idiot. Hated to run it as I didn't want to harm the motor. Had a gut feeling saying not internal. As no fileings found. But oil light would flick on sometimes.

So reguardless it is more less fixed for now. Also a lesson of even I make mistakes. Not to often you tear apart 3 motors for no reason lol

·
Gravely1964
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Possible block swap number 1

Original motor tear down

Block 3 tear apart

Putting the motor together

First run and figuring the noise out

Test mow

·
Gravely1964
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Ding ding table for onan ccka squeal please. Can't believe how good it ran with that intake gasket
DSC01517.JPG

DSC01518.JPG

81 - 85 of 85 Posts