My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well the manufacturer of the cylinders finally got back with me. No answers just questions. I need to get him the information he's needs and get back to him.
No answer from the owners of kwik way.

Anyone have a good picture or source for the Kwik way decals?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Both really great items to own. Someday I'll find a sickle for a Gravely rider that I can afford, but until then I'll use the JD110 with a sickle to keep my property cleared and to make money with off property. Sickles are a VERY handy item to own.

If Green and yellow offends....close your eyes and move on :sidelaugh

This JD 110 is a great GT, but not a Gravely. The number of wear items alone are something I am not used to. So many belts, idlers, pulleys..... just to drive the tractor, never mind mount an attachment. But until the day I have the coin for one for my 8123...... this will earn me money. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't know how the sickle attaches to a deere but how hard would it be to adapt it over to a gravely?
If you need pictures or anything I can help with that.

I've been thinking of doing odd jobs for extra cash, how do you go about pricing something like that? We're far enough apart so I won't hurt you.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I don't know how the sickle attaches to a deere but how hard would it be to adapt it over to a gravely?
If you need pictures or anything I can help with that.

I've been thinking of doing odd jobs for extra cash, how do you go about pricing something like that? We're far enough apart so I won't hurt you.
It is quite a bit different from how it attaches to a Gravely. I 1st got the sickle from a friend. With hte intention of putting it on the 8123. When I picked it up he said to me, " I don't remember if it fits a cub or a 110/112. But if it fits the 110/112 I'll hook you up." He had 8 110's and a few 112's in his barn.

So I got home, measured, scratched my head, measured, planned etc. Pretty much had it figured out. Build a few brackets and modify a pulley to run off of the snow blower driveshaft.

Then when it started pouring out, I ran the numbers and my Haban fits a 110/112. To make a long story shorter, he tuned up the 110 which has low hours on the rebuilt K241. He changed the oil. He charged the battery. He started and test drove the 110. Then called me up. He GAVE it to me as well as GIVING me the Haban.

So my choices were potentially butcher the Haban up, or put it on what it belonged on. To me that made more sense.

As far as getting jobs..... for me it is easy. I have slowly been building up a caretaking business as my wife is a self employed gardener. So the jobs just kinda appear for me. As I have several property's I take care of.

Next week the 110 and the C12 with my 1950's sickle bar go to a pond to start a massive clean up.

My biggest complaint about the 110 is the lack of Gravely traction. But until a good affordable Haban comes along for my 8123 when I am not strapped for cash..... this setup will work.

Like I said above. The 110 is a good GT. It just isn't a Gravely. I am sure we all understand what I mean.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I called Kwik way and actually got a human being. It was a good news bad news kind of conversation.
Good news Ralph the seal kits are standard, just take them to a hydraulic shop and you'll get what you need. :fing32:
Bad news is the cylinders are spec'd just for this loader so no going to someone else unless you want to reconfigure the loader geometry, no thanks. And kwik way doesn't have any.
Good news is a good hydraulic shop will be able to make new rods but if the casing is bad it's junk.
Mine need new rods made, at least the bucket cylinders so far, I haven't touched the ones for the arms yet. Soon.
What a chore getting the bucket cylinders apart. The end cap was froze on real good. Dissimilar metals, sitting outside for who knows how long equals frozen.
I suppose I should move all this to a proper thread since I can't seem to stop working on this despite my other gravely projects I need to work on.:sidelaugh
I need to get some more pictures first.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,917 Posts
Don my cylinders are I need if rebuild they have some scoring and they drift out when your not hitting the controls....

I think people have basically said to me that they can not be rebuilt. I am sure they can buts it's just a matter of how much you want to spend on them....

I wonder if finding a new cylinder that would fit is a better option ....
Best thing to do is pull the cylinder apart, take the take the parts to a hydraulic shop and let them figure out what seals you need. Most of that stuff is standardized. I did that with my Terramite cylinders. All of the seals were readily available.

I've talked with KW several times over the years. I know they don't have any parts for the older, self-leveling loaders and little for the newer ones. They were bought out a couple of years ago and the guy that ran the parts dept, and knew about the older loaders, retired. It's good to know they still exist. The times I've talked to real people there, they were very helpful.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's still there, just a different name.
KW Manufacturing - KWIK WAY - Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Other than answering a few questions the nice gentleman I talked to wasn't able to help much with the old stuff.
He told me when they were bought the new company pretty much purged anything old they had. I can still get new decals though. Lols.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts