My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, sorry it took so long. Changed carb, it fired once while cranking so I knew all was good there. I ran a new fuel line from fuel pump to my gas can and she ran perfect. After draining "old" gas that had a good pint of water in it. hooked up to mower gas tank fuel line again and died when bowl was empty. Not sure why it doesnt want to run from mower gas tank?

·
6,990 Posts
Does it smell like gasoline at all?...I am wondering if you got a lot of water in your gas and then that got into the crankcase

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The oil did not smell like fuel at all this time. Musta have been water. The first time this year when original carb I changed the carb, I knew right away there was fuel in oil.

·
6,990 Posts
Have you changed the fuel line between the tank and the fuel pump?..if no...then do that...if problem is still present your tank is plugged up....I use a turkey baster to get the crap out of the bottom...for hard to reach places I jam a short length of fuel hose on the end to extend it a bit....spray some carb cleaner into it do this with the hose removed and try to catch it in a rag...also if you can...spray from outside the hose outlet into the tank...some tanks have a fine screen across the outlet inside the tank which is possibly clogged, especially if you did get water into the tank...when problem is solved, put a fuel filter in the line and a shut off valve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok changed fuel lines & new fuel filter since I had an extra, made no difference. Is it possible for a fuel pump to become weak? I rigged this up and it ran fine. Ran about 20m the other day out of a gas can and I did this because it conked out about 200 ft from its parking spot.

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts