My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel tank on my 3000 series has developed a leak where the low fuel sensor enters the tank. Is there a replacement grommet for the low fuel sensor?

The parts diagram I am looking at does not show a grommet for the low fuel sensor. This is the second time this leak has appeared. The first time I ended up replacing the entire tank, mainly due to an unsightly and unsuccessful repair attempt.

Is there a realistic way to repair the tank, keeping in mind I can replace the entire sensor for $34.00?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

·
Registered
15 Posts
BUMP... Have this same issue with my GT3200.

Is this a common problem and is there a part number or specific gasket for this repair?

Love my GT3200!

Rob
Ocklawaha FL
mowing 4 acres

The fuel tank on my 3000 series has developed a leak where the low fuel sensor enters the tank. Is there a replacement grommet for the low fuel sensor?

The parts diagram I am looking at does not show a grommet for the low fuel sensor. This is the second time this leak has appeared. The first time I ended up replacing the entire tank, mainly due to an unsightly and unsuccessful repair attempt.

Is there a realistic way to repair the tank, keeping in mind I can replace the entire sensor for $34.00?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
BUMP... Have this same issue with my GT3200.

Is this a common problem and is there a part number or specific gasket for this repair?

Love my GT3200!

Rob
Ocklawaha FL
mowing 4 acres
View attachment 2464317
I sealed my 3240 up with these two grommets/seals

Reactions: Joelk

·
Registered
15 Posts
GREAT! I’ll check these out, thanks :)

I sealed my 3240 up with these two grommets/seals

·
Registered
405 Posts

Thanks in advance,

Doug
Where can you get the entire sensor for $34?

I have used:

While you are in there, install one of these(fuel pickup grommet):

·
Registered
405 Posts
That post was from 2011. I don't know the part number to look it up, but maybe pricing was different back then?
Thanks! I did not notice that it was posted over 9 years ago.

The PN is 751-3161 and they cost > $50 now, so apparently there have been some major price increases.

If I could buy new for $34, I would buy some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts