My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first got into mowers i used gen II oil.never had a problems with fuel going bad,then i switched to opti 2 and still never had carb problems.this year i switched to echo oil and only used it in 2 mowers.my 3002 and my 8238.i went to go fire up the 3002 to shred leaves after i just got it running and it was only used with echo oil.the mower sat for about 4 days and now the carb needs to be taken apart.then my 8238 that was sitting for a week (dry tank) was filled with half tank and used with 1/4 or 1/8 left in it and i went to use it about 9 days later and now that mower wont pull in fuel unless primed manually.now after i did some looking around echo oil comes from citgo and clearly says contains fuel stabilizers. if toro,lawnboy and echo oil comes from the same company then why is it the echo oil let the gas go bad? who else has had this problem?

(i do have a echo SRM210 and PB100 leaf blower used with echo fuel only but they never had problems because they were used every single day)

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
It's not from your "Echo" brand oil. You either have some water in your can or the last time you fueled it up at the pump. I haven't encountered it much, but have gotten contaminated fuel before. Dump it, and try another station. You will probably need to pull and empty/clean the carb bowls, no doubt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.