My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On July 17th I put a deposit down on a 2520, 62D mower with independent lift and a 200CX loader with diverter valve. At that time the tractor and mower were on site (I saw them) and the loader was supposedly at one of their other locations, they have 6 in OHIO. Delivery was to be on July 31st but then the excuses started coming, wrong loader brackets, new loader lost in transport, salesman abducted by aliens, etc, etc..... Well yesterday they informed me all was well and I would receive tractor today. Guess what! I get a call this morning, the mower driveshaft doesn't fit and they are going to have to get with John Deere for another.:banghead3:banghead3:banghead3:banghead3:

I just needed to vent.

Darin

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Darin,
I understand your frustration! When I was ready to get in my tractor, I had to wait of all things for the MMM. The backhoe was new at that time, so I thought the wait was for it to be assembled. That 2 week wait felt like a lifetime. I kept reading forums and looked at the John Deere home page to get my fix.

In your case, it is much worse(the wait). If the dealership has 6 locations, surely they can find the right driveshaft to get you going. I think I would try to talk to the owner and get him involved. :goodl:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Call the sales Manager, explain the situation, tell him the tractor is to be delivered Monday or you want your deposit back and will take your business elsewhere, if they have 6 locations and the 2520 being one of the fastest selling models, they will come through quickly, but go over the sales guy's head.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have thought about canceling the order and going else where but then I have to start this whole process over. The main reason for going with this dealer was that they didn't need to order anything. Another dealer wasn't even expecting another 2520 until mid August.

I believe I will call the main location Monday morning and request to talk with the owner.

I miss the dealer whom I used to deal with. Unfortunately he was bought out by a larger multi store dealer and sent on his way.

Darin

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Darin,
The backhoe was new at that time, so I thought the wait was for it to be assembled.

Don't let the dealers fool you guys. I showed up at my dealer to pick up my hoe.. They where unloading the tractor trailer of parts and my hoe (260) was on that load. I went home and it took me one day of never having done it before and doing it all on my garage floor laying on my side. there was one mix up with a fitting and one trip into town for that part and i was all set.

If the dealer tells ya its a few days to get a hoe all set up they are not being truthfull..

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
I have seen this happen a lot lately. Larger dealers buying out smaller ones. My dealer has 4 stores. I made it a point to meet the owner. I have been very satisfied with my dealer. Just remember when talking to the owner, tell him your frustration but be nice. I bet he will do everything to make sure he has a satisfied client.:fing32:Let us know how you come out.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Did you and the dealer sign a contract of Pending sale ? if so I would contact them and say for every day past the promised delivery date they owe you downtime i.e. $50.00 per day.

Watch how fast they move then, and if they start getting their back up or puffing up their chest what have you lost ?

They haven't gotten your tractor to you and have been giving you the run around anyway !

By the way how do you lose a FEL ?

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Don't let the dealers fool you guys. I showed up at my dealer to pick up my hoe.. They where unloading the tractor trailer of parts and my hoe (260) was on that load. I went home and it took me one day of never having done it before and doing it all on my garage floor laying on my side. there was one mix up with a fitting and one trip into town for that part and i was all set.

If the dealer tells ya its a few days to get a hoe all set up they are not being truthfull..

Yeah and you are 1 man with 1 tractor..

They are a Dealership with a certain amount of techs and probably more work than they can handle.. It's the trend in our country.. Hire 2 guys for a position where 6 used to work....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't blame you for being upset. You would think all the JD dealers, would have a good supply of parts and attachments on hand, especially now that there are fewer dealers around. Hope you get your new tractor soon, and good luck! :) --vikes31-- 2010 JD 2305, 200cx fel, 54"mmm, 42" befco tiller, r4's :greendr:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
As late as they are I have no time for excuses and would have told them that I want my deposit back and would go elsewhere. I personally picked up my tractor the day after I bought it on site and I had them change all the fluids and the rear tires in one mornings time frame.

I'm all about service, the last car I bought which was in april I went to 3 dealerships cash in hand and said I have 10 minutes and will give you X amount for that car. Each of the 2 dealers that said they couldn't get the paperwork done in that time I walked out. The 3rd said yes Sir go drive it and when you get back if you like it the paperwork will be ready, I drove it 2 miles round trip and said I'll take it if the paperwork is done. He was signing the title as I spoke.. lol I expect nothing less with tractor dealers my time is money too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Your dealer is a very important part of your happy tractor-owning experience. If he stinks now, he'll probably stink down the road.

Get your bux back and find a dealer who cares, even if you have to drive a bit.

Just my two cents worth.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
If you stay with this dealer, don't sour things by going in and blowing your top. You may need this dealer a little way down the road for service. If you lose your temper, chances are, he won't take very good care of you on the service end of things if you need it, especially non warranty work.

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
If you stay with this dealer, don't sour things by going in and blowing your top. You may need this dealer a little way down the road for service. If you lose your temper, chances are, he won't take very good care of you on the service end of things if you need it, especially non warranty work.
:ditto::ditto:

One thing is for certain, JD corporate has slashed the inventory levels and pushed many costs back on the dealers. I have no idea how truthful the story you are getting is, but with the many combos available today, it is very possible your dealer isn't completely versed in all the possibilities such as the loader brackets etc. One thing I'm sure of is that when your tractor is finally delivered, you will forget all the anxieties associated with the waiting time. If it were me, I'd ask your dealer for the owners manuals so you have something to do to help kill the frustrating hours until delivery. :)

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
:ditto::ditto:

One thing is for certain, JD corporate has slashed the inventory levels and pushed many costs back on the dealers. I have no idea how truthful the story you are getting is, but with the many combos available today, it is very possible your dealer isn't completely versed in all the possibilities such as the loader brackets etc. One thing I'm sure of is that when your tractor is finally delivered, you will forget all the anxieties associated with the waiting time. If it were me, I'd ask your dealer for the owners manuals so you have something to do to help kill the frustrating hours until delivery. :)
JMHO

I Agree with (Let cool heads prevail) you folks to a point.

#1 They received a deposit which means they should make good on the promised delivery date.

#2 It appears they are giving outlandish excuses about why they are not getting him the product he has already signed and given a deposit for.

#3 They have told him they lost a front end loader from a delivery truck ?
Now how does that happen if it ever did !

#4 They don't have the mounting brackets again highly unlikely which brings us to the theory that ( but with the many combos available today, it is very possible your dealer isn't completely versed in all the possibilities such as the loader brackets etc) they are not up to speed, This is truly a scary thought !

#5 If I were buying a high dollar piece of equipment and the dealer suggested here are the owner manuals take them and we will get your tractor to you when we can even if we said it would be ready by this date, I think I would be more than a little P.Oed.
( Besides the fact that owner manuals are useless without the product in front of you)

#6 And to be honest yes once I had my tractor in front of me it would ease some my anxieties associated with the waiting time but it would definitely not relieve them all.

#7 Poor service is poor service no matter how you dress it up.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
JMHO

I Agree with (Let cool heads prevail) you folks to a point.

#3 They have told him they lost a front end loader from a delivery truck ?
Now how does that happen if it ever did !

#7 Poor service is poor service no matter how you dress it up.

I have met many delivery drivers that are doing a summer job between school semesters and i would not trust them with the duty of picking up dog crap in my yard.

yes poor service is poor service. its more and more this day and age.. It sucks.. Just how far does one want to drive for great service. It all sucks.. I'm not sticking up for the shop.. BUT be prepaird to go to a different dealer..

I know Martin Farm Equipment will NEVER get one more cent of my money.. NEVER EVER.. :thSick:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took the opportunity to cool off a little over the weekend and this morning I am going to call the dealership and talk to the store manager. I think enough time has gone by that they either need to have my tractor to me before the end of this week. If they feel they can't accomplish this then I would like to have my deposit back so I can go elsewhere.

It is very true that Deere has made it very difficult to add attachments directly to the tractor. I have a loader, MMM, independent mower lift and the loader/mower diverter valve. All of which seemed to cause a change in brackets and/or mounting.

The issue with the loader was that it left Deere's facility on July 20th and did not arrive at the dealership until Aug 3rd. When it did arrive it went to the wrong facility and then had to be transported to where my tractor is. During that timespan no one could tell me where the loader was and when it would arrive. I do not believe that, I am quite sure that Deere knows where their equipment is and when it is expected to arrive.

The salesman dropped the ball!

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
TG,

I drive 20+ miles to my dealer, when there is a local dealer 7 miles away for the same reason.

I gave the local dealer a chance to sell me a 990 with a BH, FEL and MMM back when I was shopping for a CUT. I told him I wanted to trade in my 425 with a Cab, 2 Stage Snow Thrower, brand new 54" Blade (that I just bought from him) JD weights and chain package etc... He said and I quote "Absolutely no trade ins"

So I said I am absolutely buying a tractor today... His reply was to go to the other dealer. I did and bought a brand new 3320 loaded.. Came back to the local dealer and told him... His jaw dropped. I said "what part of 'I am buying a machine today' didn't you understand?"

There are good and bad dealers in every market!

·
Registered
668 Posts
TG,

I drive 20+ miles to my dealer, when there is a local dealer 7 miles away for the same reason.

I gave the local dealer a chance to sell me a 990 with a BH, FEL and MMM back when I was shopping for a CUT. I told him I wanted to trade in my 425 with a Cab, 2 Stage Snow Thrower, brand new 54" Blade (that I just bought from him) JD weights and chain package etc... He said and I quote "Absolutely no trade ins"

So I said I am absolutely buying a tractor today... His reply was to go to the other dealer. I did and bought a brand new 3320 loaded.. Came back to the local dealer and told him... His jaw dropped. I said "what part of 'I am buying a machine today' didn't you understand?"

There are good and bad dealers in every market!
As you said this isn't just with JD dealerships they're only salesmen.
I also went into another brand who I won't mention but I also had fresh 100 bills(a whole lot) on me and couldn't get the attention of the sales staff. Gave me several different prices in a ten minute span then refused to give me a price in writing. What?
I left and went to another brand. The problem is three JD dealers have disappeared in 4 years here in Western NC. The one I went to was about 35 miles away but had an awesome staff, I was sorry to see them close.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts