My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
22,343 Posts
I don't know, but you really don't want extra weight on the front axle with a loader. It's heavy enough. There should be provision on the front of the tractor to hang weights without resorting to extra measures.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not looking to have weights and FEL on at same time. Would like to be able to mow without the FEL and have some weight in the front end to stabile on hills a bit.

·
22,343 Posts
The front axle pivots. Adding weight to the front isn't really going to help lateral stability that much. It will help keep the front end from lifting when going straight up the hills.

The rear axle is where lateral stability can be improved. Loaded tires and wheel weights will do more for lateral stability when mowing with the added benefit of improved performance with the FEL.

Spacers between the hubs and rear wheels to widen the stance is another option. I believe that JD lists spacers for your tractor.

Front wheel spacers do not help lateral stability. By the time the axle pivots to its end of travel on a side slope, it's too late to keep the tractor from tipping over.

Center of gravity is critical for stability. Front mounted weights do not lower the Cof G anywhere near as much as loaded and weighted rear tires.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
the standard weight bracket will hold five weights, the extension adds space for two more, but sticks out a bit further. I don't know if it would interfere with the parking stand as I don't have a loader, but it may. At any rate, you can always put the loader on if you need weight on the front to counter heavy implements.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can I put a front weight bracket on a 1026r and still attach the FEL?
sorry Tulkas but you cannot. The weights hang down to far and hit the FEL stand. I made a bracket for mine that will work by hanging the weights on the side of the bracket instead of the front. Hope this helps.

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
No matter what, be careful on them hills! I've had a few sweaty moments mowing me road frontage!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts