My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Told my dealer I needed some of the 42lb suitcase weights for the front of my 2520 to ballast the front when using my tiller without the loader mounted. The tiller manual says to use 6 weights on the front when the tiller is mounted. The accessories booklet I have says that you need the front extension bracket for the 2520 to mount up to 7 weights and that only 3 would fit stock. I told the dealer all this and he sent me an email later in the day saying the booklet was wrong and you could fit 5 of the suitcase weights on the front - stock.

Well he dropped off 5 suitcase weights the other night and as soon as I saw them I said no way are 5 of those going to fit. He looked and then agreed. He had went out into their yard at the store and tried the weights on a 2320 and 5 fit just fine. For some reason, the forward most frame crossmember on the 2320 is wider than the 2520. Dealer said he learned something that day. I kept all 5 weights anyway as you can never have too many. Will just make a front bracket myself if I truely need more than 3 weights.

The few pictures of the 2320 I have seen, it sure does look like that front crossmember is wider than that on the 2520. Dealer thought the frames were the same.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts