My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a '67 MF 165 with a Buhler (Allied) front end loader. The hydraulics were out of commission when I bought the tractor. I was told that both pumps were thought to be bad, though the rear lift arms will raise me (only thing heavy I had handy). I am hoping that the secondary pump is the only bad one, any ideas?

I also want to add front mount auxiliary hydraulics, but I am having trouble finding out what I need and how it mounts to the tractor.

I have searched the forum extensively before posting, with no luck. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kip

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: I couldn't figure out how to edit my post, so I am adding what I found today in reply form.
After searching the web for several hours, I saw that someone called the front hydraulic pump a "stinger", which lead me to TISCO. My new question is: What are the parts I need to make it happen? Here's what I found,

Pump less bracket. PN L827-10XLB
Front shaft with coupler. PN 707166M92
Drive Plate. PN 708639M91
Drive Flange. PN L78-13 (confused about this one)
I can make the hydraulic lines at work (although, I don't know how to plumb it).

If there is anything else I need/don't need, please chime in. I am thinking I will be cutting the grill guard on the loader to fit the pump. Will I need a remote hydraulic oil tank?

The Multi Power seems to be working, when I put it in High, it wont coast. So, with that and the lift arms working...... I need to figure out which pump is bad in the housing that the loader won't currently work.

Thanks!
Kip

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Hi Kip. I don't have any information on your problem but I would like to say thats a sweet 165 you have there. My father has one just like it which was purchased new by his father in 1970.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much! :thanku:
I've been telling my friends, I bought the loader and they threw the tractor in on the deal. lol
I hope I did alright, $3500 delivered. The tractor has 4000 hours (no smoke) and the loader is a 2006, looks brand new. Has a joystick and three levers (3 spool?) in front of the seat.

Time will tell! :praying:

Thanks,
Kip

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
WOW. The tractor is easily worth that!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts