My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You probably need bearing, I bet they are pretty bad with all the fel weight on it. Grab the tire and see if you can move it. I don't know how hard it would be with the weight on it so you can lift the front with the bucket and then try. If they are bad go to my post about bearings, it has everything you need. The left side looks like its leaning a lot but it could be the angle.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi,

If you're talking about the tires rubbing the bottom of the steering arms, then I've had the same problems on my 1967 pk with 16" rear tires. I put new 4 x 12 steer tires on and they rubbed. I changed to some older 4x12 to get away from the rubbing.

New tires must be larger in diameter than "old" tires!

If I would have needed to use the new tires then I was preparing to cut a 45deg chamfer on the steering arms to give clearance.

chuckbob

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is leaning....Was gone try the wheels but when I did the bar where the wheels are on was moving up and down and that tru me off after that i forgot to check the wheels

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The spindle? If that moves then it could be wallowed out on the inside. If it rubs on the top rectangle bar then I think that's almost normal, my 75 has tri-ribs and they rub with the worn out bearings. If it rubs on the side that seems like a bigger concern

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts