My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or has anyone made one?
I'm thinkin it might work for me to clean up my sawmill yard, rather than
scraping with my bucket or blade. Might waste less gravel that way.
I'd like to mount it on the front of my MF1450.
Any pics or ideas welcome.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Sweepster sells what you're looking for as its "M series". Very expensive.

If you web search for "rotary broom" you'll get more results.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Sherwood,

They are expensive, as they use all the components really of a snow blower. :)

·
15,000 +posts!
20,408 Posts
If its sawdust or shavings,how about using a big blower,made from a squirrel cage fan off a hot air furnace,mounted on a tractor??..I made one that way ,but its a push version,by welding a motor mount on the blower housing and bolting a 5 hp Tecumseh on it!--then plopped it on an old push mower deck..it blows leaves and pine needles very well,and scours the lawn right down to bare dirt--beats a factory made one I used to have that threw a rod.. It'll even blow sticks and branches up to 1" thick a few feet long away..I have to wear goggles when using it,pebbles and stones are like buckshot if you getin their path..

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a bit of research, and Yep, ain't gonna buy a new one.A bit pricey for my needs.
There's no way I'm gonna blow the 5 year plan Rum budget on a glorified broom/shovel.
Buddy of mine just gave me 2- MF 620 snoblowers(I think that's the #).
Thinkin I'll retro one as a sweeper. Wondering if anyone has done that before. I'd hate to re/reinvent the wheel if I can avoid a few pitfalls.

Tractorholic--Blowing the sawdust also crossed my mind, but I think it"ll take a jet engine to get wet sawdust moving.

Tanks

·
15,000 +posts!
20,408 Posts
I think wet sawdust and snow are pretty close,maybe a snowblower unmodified will blow it away just as good as if it were snow!..cant hurt to try it..

·
Registered
392 Posts
two stage yes. Single stage no. Used a snowblower for waste paper mulch as cow bedding. much like sawdust. The single stage just boggs down/smokes the belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts