My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently aquired a front drive adapter kit for a 4 wheel tractor to use the 4 bolt attachments from walkbehind tractors. I installed it all on my 432 and thought everything was great. Then I put a 40 inch mower deck onto it and found that the angle is wrong. the deck is not even close to being parallel to the ground the back of the deck hits the ground and the casters are suspended off the ground! Has anybody used this adapter before with better results? If the deck doesn't work then none of the attachments would be at the correct angle to work right. The only thing I can see to make it work would be much bigger front tires. I have 16x6.50's on now. For some reason the picture would not upload. Thanks Ed

·
Registered
269 Posts
Do you have it on the correct lift mechanism underneath? On mine, the left side pushes -- like for lifting the snowblower out front. The right side pulls for lifting the mowing deck.

Without seeing your setup, I would assume it uses the left/pusher mechanism.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the all the help, I'm convinced I just need bigger tires. I pulled it up onto some 2x8 scraps and it leveled out the deck nice. Even 1 inch higher on the front would make a big diference. Something like 18x8 would probably work well. Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts