My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 755 to replace my 430. I have a four way hydraulic blade that fits my 430. It looks to me like it would hook on the bottom mower deck hooks on the front of the 755, just like it does on the 430. Once hooked in the bottom the top swings up and snaps in place on 430. Two new holes would have to be drilled on the 755. Then I would have to purchase longer hydraulic lines to reach on the 755. Anybody have any advice to share, will it work on the 755, ect.

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
78 Posts
If it fits, it may work OK. Just remember that you are pushing on it with a heavier tractor. That blade was designed for the forces normally subjected to it with a 430 sized tractor. You will be able to put larger loads on it with the 755. Ramming into snowdrifts or pushing dirt with it could find its weak spots, although gentle snow pushing maybe fine. The other thing I'd be concerned with is the width of the blade. Will it cover your wheel tracks when angled?

If you think you are going to be tough on it or its not wide enough, I'd sell it and buy the blade made for the 755. My experience is that you'll be happier in the end and money ahead if you buy the right sized implement for tractor. I'm sure there is someone looking for a blade to fit their 430. One in good shape is worth a lot more than one all bent up by the the 755... And then you still need to buy a larger heavier blade.

Good luck!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have looked into a front blade for my 855, since the front JD snow blowers and mounting, pto driving hardware are such a pain in the neck to gather up.

Look into JD Parts catalog for the blades the 755 will support and the hardware to mount it. Keep a notebook of part descriptions, part numbers, and picture print outs when you go hardware shopping.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.