My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bolens Fan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, today was not a good day for me. After my little vacation with the family the lawn needed attention for it had been neglected for a couple weeks. went to the gas station and got gas early this morning for the old bolens. when it was all filled up i proceeded to mow the lawn and got to the spot where the well drilling guys repaired my well. well the front tires fell into a deep hole and thought i would just hit reverse and back right out. well no go the first try. the second try i thought i would just give it a real good boost of the reverse pedal and all of a sudden i heard a SNAP! the hood jumped up and scared the heck out of me and thought "oh great i broke the drive shaft or and axle shaft" nope all was well with those parts. i tried to engage the pto and it was a challenge to engage so i stopped. well wouldn't you know it i broke the front axle support right at the front. i rigged up a fix and continued to mow my lawn. now i'm in need of that whole cast iron assembly that sits inbetween the frame rails in the front.

·
Bolens Fan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it is part number 1722832

·
Bolens Fan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to mention this is on my '79 HT-23

·
Bolens Fan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the temporary fix to keep that from moving forward when i turn right.

and another shot from more of the side.

·
Bolens Fan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess i need to figure out what serial number my tractor is because i guess there is two different ones (axle support).

·
Registered
622 Posts
Try site sponsor "Joe's outdoor power", I see he is parting out a HT 20 on ebay, he had the axle listed but not the carriage. You may have a little luck as I think not many of those break, so there should be a lot of them around.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have it welded. I broke the same support on my brothers 1250. I had a guy weld (possibly braised) it. That was over 20 years ago and its still running strong.

·
5,523 Posts
I may have one out of a 1886 let me know....

·
5,523 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts