Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more from the past week...

DSC06268.jpg DSC06274.jpg
DSC06347.jpg DSC06360.jpg

Mowin' Man :trink39:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
The clarity and detail in those photos is wonderful!

Great shots. :fing32:

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last set for the 2010 season :sad_02:

Picture 758.jpg Picture 778.jpg
Picture 780.jpg Picture 791.jpg

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a member of our HS's "Field Crew" - we paint the field on Wednesday nights prior to home games. This is the bangup job we did for homecoming:

Picture 814.jpg
Picture 816.jpg
Picture 815.jpg

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One last set (I promise!) from this season:

Picture 705.jpg Picture 720.jpg
Picture 729.jpg Picture 730.jpg

·
Member of the 0.4k Club!!
412 Posts
Terrific shots! I don't suppose you'd be willing to let us know what equipment you're using, would you?

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
412 Posts
Thanks Luv2Q!

Just check out www.pioneerathletics.com - we use their paint and machines!

Ooops .. Guess I didn't make clear what "equipment" I was talking about. I was hoping to learn what camera gear you were using for all those excellent photos.

Sorry I didn't clarify better. And "Heart of Texas"? Gotta be over around the Temple/Waco area, no?

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh OK - sorry John - I thought you were talking about what we use to paint the football field!!

All the shots were taken with a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50 9.1 megapixel camera. It has a fixed lens Carl Zeiss on it. Most of the time I perform a little on-board processing utilizing the "Vivid" color mode (basically enhances the colors). It is not a DSLR and nothing particularly fancy compared to the DSLRs (runs ~ $400). I really like it as a P&S piece of equipment.

And yes you have my area down!

·
412 Posts
Thanks for the camera info. That's the second Sony DSC I've seen referenced in MTF recently, and the pix shot with both are really good. Reason I'm so curious is that I'm starting to look pretty closely at the DSLR's but not sure I like how big & bulky they are. I still remember the little Olympus SLR film cameras .. an SLR with interchangeable lenses but not near as bulky as most of the others. This Sony might be a good compromise.

I'm in Bryan, by the way. (And keeping my fingers crossed that the Aggies show up against Nebraska. Sorry about your Bears.)

Thanks again ..

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the camera info. That's the second Sony DSC I've seen referenced in MTF recently, and the pix shot with both are really good. Reason I'm so curious is that I'm starting to look pretty closely at the DSLR's but not sure I like how big & bulky they are. I still remember the little Olympus SLR film cameras .. an SLR with interchangeable lenses but not near as bulky as most of the others. This Sony might be a good compromise.

I'm in Bryan, by the way. (And keeping my fingers crossed that the Aggies show up against Nebraska. Sorry about your Bears.)

Thanks again ..
I like the H50 pretty good. I has a 3" display on the back that will extend out from the back of the camera and then rotate such that you can lift the camera above your head or lower it down to your waist and see what you are shooting at. Pretty cool feature. It has plenty of settings to play around with too - the color settings, B+W, sepia, e-filtes (red, green, blue). I have also played around with long exposure night shots on solid objects or a tripod.

Picture 745.jpg

Yeah those Bears disappointed me last weekend. I could understand/tolerate the loss up in Stillwater but, I expected them to TCB against the Aggies - and they did for the 1st half. Gotta play the entire game though. GL against those Huskers and then Horns and we'll try to beat the Boomer Sooners!

·
412 Posts
This picture right here!! How'd you do it??
http://www.mytractorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=129859

Many years ago, I took a shot like that at mid-day, looking into the sun through some bare trees. Somehow or other, I had ISO, shutter speed and aperture set so I got just that shot. I've been trying to replicate it ever since and just haven't come up with it. Did you play with the settings, or was it a built-in feature of your camera that gave you that effect?

Thx .. & good luck against OU. We'll have our hands full with the Huskers. Sure would like to see the TX teams beat those out of state folks .. especially since they recruit more than half of their players from TX!

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is a moon shot. I had the H50 on a tripod and used the self timer (so the vibrations from me pressing the shutter would have stopped) and let the camera auto expose. It does have manual settings where you can control the aperture or shutter speed. Some come out and some don't - that is the beauty of digital photography - you get immediate feedback and can chunk the shots that don't turn out so well. I've got an 8 GB memory card which holds TONS of exposures (even @ highest resolution).

And you are right - go Texas teams!

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
John,

This is the best pic I have taken of the moon with the H50:

Picture 522.jpg

Not bad for a $400 P&S IMHO.

·
412 Posts
John,

This is the best pic I have taken of the moon with the H50:

View attachment 130097

Not bad for a $400 P&S IMHO.
Agreed: really excellent shot. Now you've got me all juiced up to go track down another camera. Photography is the closest thing to "art" that I'll ever get!

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some of my favorites from the 2011 season (so far):

DSC08263.jpg DSC08292.jpg
DSC08329.jpg DSC08402.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts